cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal and terrible customer service

Razor1979
On our wavelength

So we just had our bill through contract come to an end and the package we have is going up £60 per month 

called virgin got cut off twice then finally got through to retentions who said the best they can do is increase my package to £125 per month which is £30 more than I currently pay but lower my broadband to 600mb

the confusing bit is which they don’t understand is we are o2 customers and took out o2 6 months ago to get the speed boost from 600mb to 1gb volts but now to keep the 1gb we have to pay more for it as they don’t seem to know anything about the volt boost 

i can’t seem to speak to someone that understands the volt benefits and now why should I have to pay for the speed boost now my contact has come to an end 

any idea how I can speak to someone that understands ? 

19 REPLIES 19

Razor1979
On our wavelength

We have already agreed to a new deal but they said they would have to reduce the internet to 600mb as a temporary thing until some code thing is sorted out then it will be put back up to 1gb free of charge but I don’t understand this and not sure what can be done to check 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Razor1979,

Thank you for coming back to us. Can you tell us if you were given a time frame for this change to take place?

Have you been in touch with the team since the package change has been actioned?

Please let us know. We'll be happy to investigate if needed.

Thank you. 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry I haven’t been back in touch as it was a nightmare getting in touch the first time 

He couldn’t give me a time frame but surely if I’m meant to have it and being charged for it then I should get a discount for not having it at the moment but my main concern is when it will be reapplied 

do you have access to my account to check the notes ? 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

vm here should be able to look - i assume all the info came from offshore agents if so take it all with a large pinch of salt - if it sounds ok they will spout it - if it does not sound ok they will still offer BS 

the code thing sounds just that - BS - either they could not be bothered or they were [as ever] clueless so you got todays new excuse - but be happy for one thing that allowed them to close the call from their side showing a positive outcome - the fact you are in a mess matters not - good result for them

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Think I need to raise a complaint if that’s the case then 

as I would like my 1gb service back as promised 

thanks for your help 

Thanks for coming back to us @Razor1979, I'm looking into this and have contacted the agent that has been assigned to deal with your complaint and I have asked them to get in touch with you ASAP to discuss this further. 

I cannot see why your speed has been dropped to 600mb from 1gig but the agent will be getting in touch to discuss this with you.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you For your help I await there call 

You're very welcome @Razor1979 and I hope that the team get in touch with you very soon.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thank you for your help guys 

The complaints team just called my better half and within 10 minutes increased my speed back up to 1gb 

im very grateful for everything you did 

Thanks for coming back to us and you're very welcome @Razor1979. I'm glad to hear that your speed is back up to 1 gig now.

Please let us know, if you have any further issues.

Regards,

Steven_L