cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal and terrible customer service

Razor1979
On our wavelength

So we just had our bill through contract come to an end and the package we have is going up £60 per month 

called virgin got cut off twice then finally got through to retentions who said the best they can do is increase my package to £125 per month which is £30 more than I currently pay but lower my broadband to 600mb

the confusing bit is which they don’t understand is we are o2 customers and took out o2 6 months ago to get the speed boost from 600mb to 1gb volts but now to keep the 1gb we have to pay more for it as they don’t seem to know anything about the volt boost 

i can’t seem to speak to someone that understands the volt benefits and now why should I have to pay for the speed boost now my contact has come to an end 

any idea how I can speak to someone that understands ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Hi 

No resolution was provided except to downgrade my package 

I’m still struggling to understand that I got a speed boost to 1gb due to being an o2 customer something called volts but now our contact has ended they want us to pay for the full 1gb package even though we were on 600mb that virgin boosted to 1gb for being an o2 customer as well 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

19 REPLIES 19

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Razor1979,

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with re-contracting.

We want to do our best to advise from here. As it stands, there are discounts on the account that may have expired hence the increase in your package price. Our team would do their best to offer the best deals possible that meet all your package requirements. Just to confirm, have you checked our latest existing customer deals here? https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/existing-customer-deals Also, did our team provide any alternative resolutions?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Hi 

No resolution was provided except to downgrade my package 

I’m still struggling to understand that I got a speed boost to 1gb due to being an o2 customer something called volts but now our contact has ended they want us to pay for the full 1gb package even though we were on 600mb that virgin boosted to 1gb for being an o2 customer as well 

Sorry I forgot to say when I click the link you provided I get this so tells me to call or chat 

2FC6B576-4870-4BB8-97BB-FEED5D6785FF.png

Thank you for letting me know @Razor1979.

To provide some clarity, the price you would have been paying prior would have been down to the volt benefits and applied discounts on the package. The team now would be offering you a package including volt benefits ( As it is a volt package) and any discount available. It is the difference in available discounts that may be causing the price increase. For alternative offers please try our chat team who can look into further options for you. 

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

Razor1979
On our wavelength

Well after spending 6 hrs on what’s app talking to someone to finally come back and say we can do it for £145 told me to call sales 

I called sales and they offered me the same package I currently have with Netflix as an extra for £100 per month but the only thing is he said there is an issues applying some discount codes for the ultimate volt package so only thing they can do is reduce my internet to 600mb temporary with a note that once the codes are sorted out it will be back upped to 1gb hopefully within the week 

he seemed very knowledgeable and gave me no reason not to believe him but I still have a niggle in the back of my head I’m not quite sure if I believe this but he read the notes he had applied to the account stating I will get my 1gb package back at no extra cost hopefully within a week once the issue had been resolved 

still don’t understand the reduce my package because of a code then promote it again

maybe someone could confirm if this is the case with the ultimate volt package discounts or if I have just been spun a lie and if I have who do I call 

many thanks in advance 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Razor1979,

Thank you for coming back to us and keeping us updated on your package issue.

I was able to check our systems and everything looks great on our end. I cannot see any issues that could be impacting your services or account at the moment.

If you notice any issues, please get in touch with us again and we'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you if needed.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

The main thing is when will the issue with the package code be sorted so I can get my 1gb internet back ? 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Razor1979,

Thank you for coming back to me. If this is what you have been advised, this should take place. Were you given a time frame for this issue to be resolved by at all?

Keep us updated if you can.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

you sound to be getting the run around - VM are past masters at it especially offshore - staff here will do their best but usually just send you back to the phone lines

so keep trying that but if you want to concentrate minds give 30 days notice - that may get you better offer on the call or if you push it through is likely to get you a call from outbound who hope they can make you an offer you wont refuse - if it goes to plan it will not be far away from what you were paying - some even get better deals

Tony.
Sacked VIP