cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewal agreement not honoured

wildcard
Tuning in

Lat week I contacted the helpline to either renew my contract at a better rate or cancel. A price that I was happy with (£34) was agreed with the call centre staff and I signed up. I received my new contact email and have discovered that the price I am to be charged is not the agreed price. 

I have called and been on hold for an hour and then cut off. How else can I get through to them to rectify this issue??

If I don't get a response from Virgin asap I will be utilising the cooling off period to cancel and move elsewhere.  

4 REPLIES 4

mart1969
Superfast

This actually happened to me when i originally signed up. Sales guy signed me up at one price but when contract arrive they didn't tally up. Contacted original Sales guy and he said it would be altered but it never was so just gave up!

Whilst I have very few technical problems with Virgin and would stay with them, their pricing policy and hikes are ridiculous and their call centre service is shocking. If I don't get anywhere via this forum, I'll be cancelling.

bk881
On our wavelength

This happened to me just yesterday. I called up the 1, 4, 1, change your package, add a package option and they picked up in around 10 minutes. A very competent guy fixed this for me along with other unexplained charges they decided to lump onto my account. Thank god he could see my account notes on what my contract should have been and fixed it for me in minutes.

This has happened in previous years to me and to others I know as well and it's been my word against there's. Was effectively called a liar and when I asked for them to listen back to recordings they conveniently said the recording system packed up in the same 15 minutes I made a phone call. Absolute nightmare to sort out. I wish you good luck!

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @wildcard

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We would need you to contact us on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to have your package looked at by our care team, I do understand the lines are very busy at the minute but one of our agents will be round to help ASAP.

Alternatively, we have our Cable SMS lines open via +44753 305 1809

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs