cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing package

MattyC64c1
Tuning in

All I want to do is change my package slightly. Went on the chat, said I would have to wait a while. Well, I waited well over an hour, no response. How long is 'a while'? Two hours, a day?

All I wanted to do was remove the kids channels and TNT sports. This isn't the 90's. Why can't I remove these things online, or better, directly through my STB. Disgusting. 

I know no one one here can remove channels/services via the forums, but like many people, I'm busy in the day, why the hell is this so hard!

I'm also not sure when my contract renews. Said it started in Feb 23. Does that mean it automatically renews at the same time next year? At this point I'm seriously thinking of going over to Sky. Perhaps they are in the 21st century?

How do I complain? Or do I have to take this straight up to Ofcom? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MattyC64c1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear of your wait via our live chat. It's not an immediate response support tool and we do get busy from time-to-time which can result in delayed responses, but I assure you that a member of the team will respond once they become available.

However, if you'd rather not wait, you can get in touch with our retentions team by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). They're available 8am-9pm during the week and 8am-6pm on weekends. 

Regarding your bundle, once the minimum agreed term expires then it'll continue on a 30-day rolling basis but with any discounts removed.

Keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @MattyC64c1,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm sorry to hear of your wait via our live chat. It's not an immediate response support tool and we do get busy from time-to-time which can result in delayed responses, but I assure you that a member of the team will respond once they become available.

However, if you'd rather not wait, you can get in touch with our retentions team by calling 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline). They're available 8am-9pm during the week and 8am-6pm on weekends. 

Regarding your bundle, once the minimum agreed term expires then it'll continue on a 30-day rolling basis but with any discounts removed.

Keep us posted and let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@MattyC64c1 wrote:

I'm also not sure when my contract renews. ..... Does that mean it automatically renews at the same time next year?

Your contract shows your minimum term date and all your monthly discounts.

In common with most - if not all - of the UK telecoms industry, you have a rolling 30day notice contract with a minimum term. Those T&Cs are freely available online.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I have managed to get through via the phone, a lot quicker than expected.

I still do not understand how in 2023 it still requires customers to call a helpline to change their package.

If it is that simple, I would have thought being able to do such a simple process online would be both easier for your company and for your customers?? For support issues, understandable, but not to change my services.

Hi @MattyC64c1 👋.

Thanks for coming back to us. We do have facilities where customers can make adjustments to their own package online as well as through the TV boxes. But for someone parts of the package such as renewals and complex changes will require our assistance along with any bespoke discounts and offers that may need to be applied. 

This link can provide more information for you 👉 Changes.

Sabrina