cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing external box and cabling

AmandaR
Joining in

I am not a customer but like others have got unslightly box and cabling across front garden. The internal wires etc are falling out of box. How do I get this removed? I've tried calling but it was frustrating not being a customer and after a substantial amount of time waiting for the call to be answered I gave up. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have a lot of trouble getting anything done if you are not a customer.

Also, as with Gas/Electricity what you have left is classed as a ultility feed & VM are not obliged to remove it unless it causes a safety hazard. Any future occupant wanting a service will have a lot less hassle if it’s kept in situ.

The internal wires can be unscrewed from the external omni-box & you can remove these yourself. The end of the drop line outside then should have a terminator cap fitted.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

16 REPLIES 16

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have a lot of trouble getting anything done if you are not a customer.

Also, as with Gas/Electricity what you have left is classed as a ultility feed & VM are not obliged to remove it unless it causes a safety hazard. Any future occupant wanting a service will have a lot less hassle if it’s kept in situ.

The internal wires can be unscrewed from the external omni-box & you can remove these yourself. The end of the drop line outside then should have a terminator cap fitted.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Does Virgin now offer a facility to remove external cabling and box? We have wires hanging down and not sure how to disconnect safely. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
no you can't remove them. If they are a H&S issue VM will repair them othereise you need to leave them as are

Hi Darren_B76,

Thanks for your post.

Are the wires causing any health and safety issue?

Let us know.

Thanks

Melissa

Hi there, 

VM cable was buried around an inch deep and a labourer has struck the cable during excavation works. The cabling is a trip hazard and requires removing. Can I get someone to remove please. 

7E6912F6-DEFA-4038-A3B3-6EFE34F098A1.jpeg

7F9C9372-3095-4699-8D42-FBF0609B55CF.jpeg

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @cjones2010

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues with your cable but we can certainly look into this for you. 

I will pop you over a PM so we can get this looked into for you. 

Please look out for the purple envelope at the top right hand corner of your screen as this will take you to PM's. 

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Steve1072
Tuning in

I am not a Virgin customer, nor will be in future.

I have just moved into a house, where the previous tenants had Virgin installed. The wires are unsightly and also dangerous! I want them removed ASAP.

I have made several phone calls to Virgin Media and they are not wanting to help and I was switched between different departments several times!!

I want / NEED this removed ASAP!! 

Hey @Steve1072,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm really sorry to hear of the issues that you're having trying to speak to the team.

We can arrange for the cable to be removed up to your home but you can remove any of the cabling your property by yourself. 

Would you like me to arrange for the team to do what we can do, then the team will leave you with the cabling on your property for you to remove. 

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes, if someone could remove the cable from front garden, that would be great. Thanks