cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing early leaver fee

thomas261
Joining in

I’ve been charged an early leaver fee for moving to an unserviced area. 
I have sent a couple of emails with my proof of new address to have this deducted from my account. I’ve not received acknowledgement and my bill hasn’t been updated.
is anyone able to offer some advice?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @thomas261 

This will be dealt with by the Home Movers team.

Have you tried contacting them on the phone (freephone number 0800 052 0422, option 4 (moving home)) to check the progress?

It's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi thomas261,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you aren't able to get our services at your new address, so I can arrange for you to send proof of moving to us, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi thomas261,

Thank you for reaching back out and for the update, glad to hear the early disconnection fee has now been removed, and credits left on your account will be sent by cheque to your forwarding address around 42 days after the disconnection date, you should also have received a returns package for the equipment, if you do not receive this you can request this here 

If you do need any further help please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.