cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of small green virgin box

tlmcmanus
Joining in

Hello, we have a small green box outside our house in which we would like moved as it is preventing us from having a drive way. How do we go about this please? 

The box is also currently exposing some cables at the bottom.

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

See two parallel topics below for further info

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/Green-box-blocking-driveway/td-p/4993492

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Dropped-kerb/td-p/4993996

Are you 100% certain it is VM equipment before paying VM any money for a survey fee? One of the VM forum team should be able to put you in touch with the necessary VM people. Someone from VM should reply here shortly.

• There was a virgin notice I was able to grab as it is slightly open which has the cabinet number on it so I assume it is virgin box.

Hi @tlmcmanus thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Can you please take some photos of the box in question so we can establish that this is definitely out equipment? We generally however, don't remove Virgin Media cabinets or sockets so I cannot guarantee we will be able to honour this request I'm afraid - however, please send the photos requested and we'll take things from there.

Many thanks

Tom_W

CM_Photogrid_1650623648096.jpg

 this is the box.. you can actually see some wires hanging out of it when you move the Bush too.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@tlmcmanus wrote:

 this is the box.. you can actually see some wires hanging out of it when you move the Bush too.

Well, if the cost of the job was only in proportion to the size of the 'cabinet', then that should cost about 50p to move! 😁

Does id have an ID or any numbers on it?

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tlmcmanus, 

Thank you for getting back to us with the photo. 

I am going to need to contact our Cabinet Maintenance team to confirm the ownership of the equipment so I am going to pop you over a private message to grab some address details and we can go from there. 

The message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat