cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of outside box and cabling

DashS
Joining in

I am not a Virgin customer but have a box and very large unsightly cabling going across my garden how do I get both removed?

97 REPLIES 97

BenMcC
Settling in

We have an old Virgin box and cabling in the front our house. It’s quite an eyesore.

i am hesitant to yank it out, nit knowing what else it might be connected to.

Will Virgin send someone to remove it?

thank you

Hi BenMcC, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm afraid we don't send anyone out to remove cables or boxes. If you wanted it removed you would need to do this yourself. 

The only time we get involved is if there is a serious health and safety risk in which case the team would come out to make it safe again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Rbkk1
Joining in

Hi, I have the exact same problem and have been trying to get out sorted for years, I am always promised someone will come out and look at it but they never do. I have a case number (103430349) and every time I call up to chase it I either cut off or put on hold and then cut off. Frankly from a customer service perspective this has been the worst experience I've ever had and I've yet to have any help.

My problem is the same, it is a health and safety hazard as a metre or two of cable is exposed and it's a tripping hazard, the postman has already tripped up on it and if anyone has an accident I will firmly point them in your direction as it's your asset. I don't really care that happens with it, either rebury it properly so it's not an issue or remove it completely. I am that fed up and at the end of my tether that if I don't get a resolution I will have to option other than to just get the shears out and get rid of it myself.

Hi Rbkk1,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for this. 

I'll drop you a PM so I can get some address details. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

andrewh1973
Joining in

I also have a large and unsightly brown box on the outside wall of my house and cabling running across my garden which is "buried" just below the surface such that my wife is always running into it when planting and weeding. I am not a VM cable customer, do not want the cabling nor junction box on my house and own this house and have no plans to sell for at least the next couple of decades! So I too would like this removed ASAP please. Can someone from VM contact me to arrange this?

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Andrewh1973 and welcome to our community.

Can we please confirm where the cable is heading to if you do not have services with us? Has there been services there previously hence the cables running to the property? 

Can you send me a private message with your full address including post code so I can contact the area field manager in regards to this? Please include a preferred contact number so they can get in touch in regards to the work, this would probably be a rebury of the cable to ensure it's safely underground.

Let us know, Emily.

You responded back in 2018 that you do not, as a matter of course, come and remove outside cabling unless it is a health & safety issue.  So does that imply that I can remove the cabling across the front of my house and remove the green sleeving that snakes across my front garden and if necessary cut the inner cable to remove this from my property?

Appreciate your advice.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post.

We'd not recommend doing so yourself as once the wiring is worked on by a third party we're not liable for any work needing to be done on our connections in future. 

Thanks, Emily.

Anonymous
Not applicable
and if you cause any problems to the network you may face a large bill from VM

Emily,
In which case who do I contact to have this 'officially' removed as the green trunking snakes across the surface of my property and is a trip hazard for access to one side of our property?