cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removal of default URGENT

JlouM
Joining in

Hi,

In 2019, after many years with Virgin, I decided to switch to a better priced service. I set up my new provider and cancelled virgin. Great! 

Unfortunately for some reason Virgin kept taking the monthly payments out of my account after I had cancelled. I rang on numerous occasions asking for this to be fixed as it was causing me a lot of stress paying for two providers. 

After three months of being on hold for hours each time an unsanctioned payment was taken from my account, I had to cancel my direct debit through my bank. 

I again rang to confirm I had done this. But again payment was processed and went through as a missed payment. I rang again, paid for this over the phone as virgin refused to help me or talk to me until it was paid. The girl on the phone asked me to ring again the following day to confirm my account had been cancelled which I did.

Then... they kept charging me. Which resulted in a default of £75.

The amount of calls I have made, tears I have cried while on the phone was insane. Well within my rights to cancel as I was not in a specific term contract and had rang to do it on numerous occasions. 

I have tried on and off to get a response since to get the default removed from my credit file. 

I am needing to buy a house now and lenders will not look at me as it is a live default despite it being a small amount.

Virgin you have ruined my life and I need this sorted ASAP. I cannot have a default on my file that was 100% the fault of Virgin Media. 

I had been a long time customer and have never had any payment problems.

Can someone please help me? I have no idea what to do and am begging for help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JlouM, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience when cancelling your account with us, we will do all we can to help. 

We can have a look at things from our side but we would also recommend emailing our credit file team to query/dispute any defaults. 

You can contact them via email at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

I will also pop you over a private message to run a quick check from our side. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi JlouM, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience when cancelling your account with us, we will do all we can to help. 

We can have a look at things from our side but we would also recommend emailing our credit file team to query/dispute any defaults. 

You can contact them via email at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

I will also pop you over a private message to run a quick check from our side. 

This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for joining me on private message JlouM. 

We are very happy to hear this is in the process of being resolved. 

Please do reach out if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat