cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder to return router

jonandmarkuk
Superfast

I returned my old virgin router via collect plus last Monday (20th) as I'd been sent a hub4.

Today I've just had a text reminder to return my router, which is a surprise as surely it should have arrived back with virgin by now. I've tried the Yodel tracking and I'm struggling as the receipt is printed badly and I can't make out one of the letters and I don't know the postcode that the router was being returned too. 

Can anyone help and confirm that I won't be charged for failing to return the router, when I have.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonandmarkuk 

I've moved your thread to the Managing Your Account Forum as it's not a networking/wifi issue.

It can take up to 14 days for the VM systems to be updated as returned equipment is scanned in bulk. In the meantime the automated systems send out reminders. If you are charged then VM will refund on the next invoice.

There are also currently issues with yodel systems. https://www.yodel.co.uk/help-centre/delivery-disruption 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's a broken process and VM don't appear to care. You are likely to be advised that if you are charged then it isn't a problem as you'll get a refund. The fact that you are charged in the first place (if indeed you are) when you shouldn't be doesn't seem to register with the VM powers that be. Keep the receipt safe. 

I've kept the receipt and also taken a picture of it as it was hard to read it last week and this week the ink already seems to have faded. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @jonandmarkuk 

I've moved your thread to the Managing Your Account Forum as it's not a networking/wifi issue.

It can take up to 14 days for the VM systems to be updated as returned equipment is scanned in bulk. In the meantime the automated systems send out reminders. If you are charged then VM will refund on the next invoice.

There are also currently issues with yodel systems. https://www.yodel.co.uk/help-centre/delivery-disruption 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jonandmarkuk

Welcome back to the community.

Sorry to hear that you've received a text reminder about returning your equipment. I can certainly take a look for you to see if your account shows the equipment is return and any charges removed. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley