Menu
lea2001gb
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Registering My Account For Online Billing

I had Virgin installed on 22nd May 2018 but am unable to register for e-billing online.  When I come to put in a password - I get 'too short' up to the 7th digit, but when I enter an 8th digit, the site states 'invalid password'. How can it be 'invalid' when I haven't registered it yet?  I have tried using technical help on here, but it is always unavailable.  This service has been a nightmare from day 1.

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering My Account For Online Billing

I can only assume that the password doesn't meet the requirements. It needs to begin with a letter, contain at least one number and both upper and lower case letters. 

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
lea2001gb
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yes I have tried that combination too, I just get to the 8th digit and it says password invalid-up to the 7th it just says too short, can't get past the 8th digit. 

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

And you only have letters and numbers, no special characters?

These are just my opinions. Feel free to completely ignore my advice. The above message may contain sarcasm (if you can't find it, you're not looking hard enough)
0 Kudos
lea2001gb
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

No special characters, no symbols, just capital letters and numbers and starting with a letter.  It is still doing it now.  I have tried technical help but they are offline 

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

You need upper and lower case letters.

0 Kudos
lea2001gb
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I have used both upper and lower, plus numbers.  Still says invalid password at digit 8

0 Kudos
Andrew-H
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Then all I can really suggest is to try different passwords or another browser.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi lea2001gb,

Thanks for your post on the Community. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with you're online account registration. Has this been sorted out for you since your post? 

If you are still having an issue with this, please send me a PM here with your full name and address with postcode and I will be able to look into this for you.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos