cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of credit on a closed account

Loza1508
Joining in

I recently closed my account with yourselves and returned all equipment and can see a credit on my account. What do I need to do to get this refunded as you appear to be very difficult to contact. 

33 REPLIES 33

Glad to hear that you have now received your refund cheque and we wish you the best of luck with your new provider. 

Regards

Steven_L

Aodonnell1987
Tuning in

Apparently its 45 days from the day the service ends.

Although depending on who you ask you get a different answer! I was told 30. 45. For it's been 40 days and still nothing. I called and theres no update.

I was also told that a refund WOULD NOT be issued untill after they recieve the box back. Which is obviously rubbish. But I have requested that phone call on FOI request because the woman is obviously talking **** but she says it outright and I got her to repeat it. I called VM to complain as this is misleading and illegal but they dont care. 3 days left until the 30 day limit for request. Which they cannot refuse. And then its going on my youtube channel (800k+)

Not even an apology, offer to speed things up or compensate! So to the news 

bdt1512
Tuning in

Hi guys,

Sadly left Virgin on 15 November after being with them since Telewest.

Still waiting for my credit refund, what’s the best way of escalating this matter?

Thanks

(Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquillisers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Whats your youtube channel?

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @bdt1512

So sorry to understand that you have left us. Any refunds that are owed after you have left us will be sent via cheque refund. These are processed around 35 days after your account has closed and then we advise to allow around 10 days for delivery. 

Did you book your 30 days notice on 15th November or is that when your account closed? (If you were disconnecting your account on 15th November but you were also taking your number with you to a new provider, this could cause a small delay in the cancelling of your account and also delay any cheque refund)

Have you received your final bill showing any amount owed? This is usually posted to the account address (unless an alternative is provided) around 10 days after the account has closed. 

If your account fully closed on 15th November, your cheque should have been processed around 20th December. Due to the festive period, there may have been a delay with the postal service and as such you should expect your cheque imminently. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Thanks Katie,

Yes,  I also took my landline number and my last bill showed a credit.

I have also received notification that my returned kit has been received.

I’ll wait a little longer 

Happy New Year 

(Basically, I'm for anything that gets you through the night. Be it prayer, tranquillisers or a bottle of Jack Daniels - Frank Sinatra)

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the reply @bdt1512

As you took your landline, I would take the 35 days from when your landline became fully active with your new provided. 

Please do not hesitate to pop back once this time has elapsed and we'll be more than happy to check again. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

I'm having this issue now. My account is in my ex's name but I've paid the bill for the last 9 years. When I tried to change the account into my name, I was told only the account holder can change the name and as I knew all the security details, was it worth it? Now I'm cancelling the account, I'm £36 in credit but the cheque will be in my ex's name. What good is that to me?? Apparently it was worth the hassle!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
well the money on the account belongs to your ex. You should have had it transferred.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Lms484, 

Welcome to forums and thank you for your post.

I do apologise for this any cheque would be sent to the account holder. We advise if this was the case you should of changed the name of the account holder as soon as you taken over payments.

Many thanks,

Zoie_P