cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of £75 Special Offer

Proximaking
Joining in

I joined Virginmedia Media 29th October 2021 and add part of the deal I was to get £75 back after 120 days and an email was to be sent to me after that time to reclaim the money. I have received no email and I simply cannot get an answer of how to do this from the bot I managed to contact by SMS. I cannot get past that bot to speak to a real person. I presume they are making this as hard as possible so I will get fed up and leave them some my £75. I regard this as sharp practice and will be writing to the ombudsman about this unless someone from the company contacts me to tell me how to get my refund.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Cashback offers are normally offered by and administered by third parties like topcashback, I've never seen that offered by Virgin Media themselves so you'd need to check where you found the deal, and contact them.  At the point of click through, these deals often look like the offer is from VM, but that doesn't mean they are. 

It's like the cashback offers with mobile phones - you agree a deal through cheapofones4u for a 24 month contract with say Vodafone, and the deal includes cashback.  Read the small print, and it is cheapofones4u who provide the cashback, under very strict conditions.  Cheapofones4u are funding that offer by giving away some of the premium that Vodafone pay them for funnelling customers their way.  But the cashback isn't part of your contract with Vodafone, and that contract with Voda will say nothing about cashback.  If cheapofones4u go bust, or renege on the deal, you have no comeback against Vodafone.  And so it seems likely that's the case here.  

There's certainly procedures for have complaints escalated to the industry adjudication scheme, in my honest opinion you're on a hiding to nothing down that route unless you have a contract with VM that explicit states that you'll get £75 cashback. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Cashback offers are normally offered by and administered by third parties like topcashback, I've never seen that offered by Virgin Media themselves so you'd need to check where you found the deal, and contact them.  At the point of click through, these deals often look like the offer is from VM, but that doesn't mean they are. 

It's like the cashback offers with mobile phones - you agree a deal through cheapofones4u for a 24 month contract with say Vodafone, and the deal includes cashback.  Read the small print, and it is cheapofones4u who provide the cashback, under very strict conditions.  Cheapofones4u are funding that offer by giving away some of the premium that Vodafone pay them for funnelling customers their way.  But the cashback isn't part of your contract with Vodafone, and that contract with Voda will say nothing about cashback.  If cheapofones4u go bust, or renege on the deal, you have no comeback against Vodafone.  And so it seems likely that's the case here.  

There's certainly procedures for have complaints escalated to the industry adjudication scheme, in my honest opinion you're on a hiding to nothing down that route unless you have a contract with VM that explicit states that you'll get £75 cashback. 

Hey @Proximaking,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I'm sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your £75 special offer. As @Andrew-G said this is usually via a third party site. 

Did you sign up with us directly or via a 3rd party site?

Regards,

Steven_L

I can send you the email I was sent with my contract that mentions the £75. I joined after seeing your offer on the Money Saving Expert site. I will go back to them if I can't get it resolved with Virginmedia.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Proximaking

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

We'd need you to contact the site you took the offer through, I do apologise for the inconvenience.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs