cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund due following account closure

Ab0ut2Go
Joining in

Hi

According to the latest bill from Virgin Media on 10 November, following my contract termination, I'm due a refund of £27. The equipment has been returned, confirmation received, yet nothing was refunded either in cheque or via bank transfer.

Do I need to open a complaint? If so, how? Virgin Media "conveniently" does not allow me to start a complaint online via webform so I either have to chat to them (if and when they're available) or even worse, call them...

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ab0ut2Go, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community even though you have left us. 

We're sorry to hear you're still waiting on receiving a refund. Any credits are held on accounts for 35 days to ensure there are no unbilled charges. After the 35 days, we either then refund to a bank account or via cheque - depending on your preference when disconnecting the account. 

As you've mentioned the 10th of November, we would process the refund on the account around the 15th December. Bank refunds are usually then received within 3-5 days but if you opted for a cheque refund then it will take a little longer for the delivery of the cheque as this comes through the post. 

If you're still waiting after this date, please come back to us in the Community and we can look in to things further for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I see.

I do not understand why that has to be the case but I assume it's because VM is allowed to. I don't recall being asked how the refund is to be processed, so this will be interesting

I will hold on a bit longer as you suggested 

Hi Ab0ut2Go, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

It's mainly down to the fact that PPV and call charges can take up to 30 days to process and we give this amount for you to return equipment before the account is charged. 

If there are any unbilled charges, we take this from any refund owing first. 

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you do have any issues - you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs