cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund cheque issued in old name

x_lilys
Joining in

Hi,

We left Virgin Media in July and are owed a refund.

I asked how we would receive the refund and was advised via BACs within 2 weeks. Two weeks passed and no refund, so I contacts VM and was told it is actually issued via cheque within 45 days.
My VM account is in my maiden name, but my bank account is in my married name - so I called VM to ask where I could send my marriage certificate to so that I could get the cheque to be issued in my married name.

The Op advised that I would need to wait to receive the incorrect cheque, then send a letter, with the cheque and proof of name change off to get it changed. So I tweeted VM asking if there was a better way to do this as it seemed silly to have to wait for an incorrect cheque, to then receive the correct one (not to mention a lengthy delay on top of the 45 days to get my own money back).

VM advised me to call the number to speak to an operator - I advised that I'd already done so and they couldn't help.

VM then advised me of their complaints procedure - they specified that they would rather me submit a formal complaint that just issue the cheque in the correct name - and that complaints are dealt with within 28 days so that would be quicker than waiting for the cheque (which seems absurd to say the least).

So I tried to log a complaint via the web form - and as my account has been connected I am unable to log a complaint. So VM twitter then advised me to post on this forum...so here I am.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks,

Lily

1 REPLY 1

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi x_lilys

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I am very sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue receiving your refund, we will be able to help. 

To look in to this further, I will just need to take a few details via private message which I will pop over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page now. 

Speak soon, 

Nat