Menu
Clarkee1999
Joining in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Refund after cancellation

I just cancelled my account with virgin who I have been with a while and just wondering how long a refund takes to come back to me since you pay your bill a month ahead anybody have any idea?
0 Kudos
av-115
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refund after cancellation

There is no refund as you have to give 30 days notice to cancel, and your services are terminated after this period has elapsed.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited
0 Kudos
Scats
Joining in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

yes you do get refund as my contract ran out mid month and i paid for the whole month.

they have told me what they owe me but i have yet to receive the cheque and that is from 16th october

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scats, 

Thanks for your post Smiley Happy 

When you give your 30 days notice to disconnect, the account will continue as normal until the disconnection date. This means your billing cycle will also continue as normal. 

On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges.

If the overall amount shows as a charge, you'll need to make this payment via a credit or debit card as soon as possible.

If there is a refund showing then this will be held on your account for 35 days to ensure there are no unbilled charges and we receive our equipment back (if applicable). After the 35 days we process a cheque and send this to the account address unless you have updated to a new address with us. This usually takes a maximum of 14 days to do. Overall you should have the cheque no longer than 49 days after disconnection. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
joolzian
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

My contract ended 12th March final payment taken on the 6th March. I am disgusted that I have discovered from this thread how long it takes virgin to raise a refund  and the fact they are taking £19 for just 6 days of a £44 monthly charge is just as bad. I was considering re-joining  when I move into my next house, no chance now.  Trying to leave was awful too .Passed around 4 people all trying to get an address I didn't have and hustling me to continue as a customer. Bad form virgin.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When your contract minimum period ended is irrelevant.

When did you call to cancel as you have to give 30 days notice?

0 Kudos
Support-hahaha
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Is it "just in my case" that Virgin is not doing as you claim their policy for a refund is ?

I gave Virgin 30 days notice and they still took the money out of my account for the month after my contract ended with them.  For the month in question I was already with BT.  Below are the points you made that is not true. . 

"On your disconnection date the services will stop and a final bill will be produced a few days later. This will include any refunds, adjustments and charges."

Virgin generated my final bill which included all extra charges but NOT the refund of the money they took for the month after they stopped providing me with a service.

"If there is a refund showing then this will be held on your account for 35 days to ensure there are no unbilled charges and we receive our equipment back (if applicable). After the 35 days we process a cheque and send this to the account address unless you have updated to a new address with us. This usually takes a maximum of 14 days to do. Overall you should have the cheque no longer than 49 days after disconnection."

This is also not true.  I gave Virgin 30 day notice on 8th January 2018 and Virgin told me I could leave (was disconnected) on 2nd February 2018 which I did.  It is now 24 March 2018 and I've not received the refund Virgin owes me nor any communication from Virgin to date.  

The refund process of Virgin is a scam and I think should be illegal.  Why is it up to the customer to check and chace Virgin for refunds.  There is no need for Virgin to take or hold on to customer's money they are not entitled to, for so long.    

How is one suppose to submit a request for Virgin's non-payment of a refund ?  

0 Kudos
joolzian
Tuning in
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

@ Ernie_C    I gave 30 days notice that ended on 12/3  I was a customer for 14 years. Please only answer when you have something relevant to add.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

you have the answer. 45 days. you will get the refund 45 days after cancelling. If you do not give CS a call

0 Kudos
Support-hahaha
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Interesting how people seem to make the number of days to a refund up as they go along, you would have thought this process will be made clear and easy to find and not rely on people to guess what it is on Virgin's forum.  

At long last I received the refund cheque from Virgin.  I started with BT on 2nd Feb, received the refund cheque from Virgin on 26th March 2018. 

Couple of observations;  My final bill did not show Virgin owed me a refund at all in any shape or form.  Virgin took the extra monthly payment of £49.11 but the refund cheque is for £32.18 but nowhere does Virgin show what the money is for, that they kept !   I just can't be bothered to try to find out, it's not worth the aggravation.     

But hey-ho, "excellent" (yea right) service from just another greedy company pulling stunts on their customers.  Lesson learnt, do not trust Virgin.  Cancel your direct debit BEFORE Virgin take the unnecessary extra payment.  I think it will be a lot easier to pay a real final bill than have to sit with this nonsense they put people through.    

0 Kudos