cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund after being overcharged for 6 months

Gregor84
Tuning in

Hi I am looking for a bit more clarity please.  I have been a customer for 5 years now.  On 4/8/20 I received a phone call from virgin asking if I'd like a new contract and my monthly bill would decrease as a result so I agreed.  The price I was told was not the price I was being charged and when I questioned this I was told that it was the full price of my package.  Now 5 months later I eventually spoke to a guy that agreed with me that my bill was £50 a month more than it should of been and I was to receive a full refund but as it was so much his manger was not authorised to issue it, so I was to wait 2 hours for a call to confirm it was done.  I called back the following day and was told that it hadn't been done but this person's manger would call in 24 hours.  2 days later I called again as I still hadn't heard anything.  I was told that no refund was issued but it would be done immediately.  And I was assured then ago that I would receive a bank transfer in 3-5 days,  this is lies as your company don't do bank transfer refunds.  Since then iv spoke to customer service agents atleast 10 times, who all say the same thing some one will call in 2 hours,  never happened.  I eventually recieved a phone call from complaints resolution team saying my TV package would be fixed so I had the same package as I had originally but it would cost me an extra £20 a month for some reason.  She also stated she was personally arranging the refund but a percentage was to applied to my account to which I verbally agreed.  She said both of these would be done by the end of that day.  So I called on the 3rd to check it had been done yet again it hadn't been done.  So the guy I spoke to assured me he would have it done that day.  So I called the following day to check.  No refund had been sent to my address but he had credited it to my virgin media account.  And because it was added to my account it could no longer be refunded via a cheque.  So I spoke with another agent who said he would call me back with an update as he heeded time to go over my entire account and every note since 4 Oct 2021.  Later that day I received an email stating my complaint had been resolved so I called to ask the outcome only to be told there was nothing on my notes about the outcome.   This is honestly so stressful.  Because I was being charged more than the agreed pint I had missed payments go against my credit rating and thus has had a massive impact on my financial status and it is entirely virgin media's fault.   How can I resolve this?  Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

If you’re complaint was raised correctly and has been “resolved” and not to your satisfaction then take the issue to CISAS.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best to post in this section of the Forum   Managing Your Account - Cable - Virgin Media Community

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

If you’re complaint was raised correctly and has been “resolved” and not to your satisfaction then take the issue to CISAS.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.

I have no idea how to do that.  Just new here.  Any advice would be appreciated 

@Gregor84 wrote:

I have no idea how to do that.  Just new here.  Any advice would be appreciated 

Go to the CISAS website and follow the instructions on there for opening an case with them. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Gregor84 

Sorry to see the billing issues you are having.

The following link explains the VM Complaints process, and also includes the contact address and phone number for CISAS.

/Code-of-Practice-April-2020.pdf 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @Gregor84, welcome to the community! Thank you for posting. 
Sorry to hear of these ongoing billing issues, and for your poor experience!

I will be able to look into this further for you and hopefully get things resolved once and for all!
I will need to send you a PM to confirm some information to do this. You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your inbox. We can return to the public thread to update things as soon as possible!

All the best. 

Molly