cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund - I've left and my account is in credit

IanHamilton1
Joining in

I cancelled the services on the 8th Dec 2021, contacted customer service letting them know to change my forwarding address for the refund of credit. 5 weeks later and no confirmation email, no acknowledgement, no refund of credit... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @IanHamilton1

Ah I see, then you should have had the cheque refund by now. I have located your account and will need to discuss further with you via private message so we can pass account security and sort this out for you. Please keep a look out for my private message in you inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @IanHamilton1 

When cancelling you give VM 30 days notice.

If you contacted VM on the 8th December then the account would be closed and all services disconnected on the 7th January.

A confirmation email would be sent to your contact email address once the services were disconnected. Have you checked your spam/junk mail boxes ?

You will also recieve a final revised bill from VM - the process is outlined below.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi IanHamilton1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've not received a refund yet. Once the account has been cancelled, as mentioned above it can take 45 days to arrive. 

Based on the dates you've posted, I would have expected your disconnection date to be 7th January, as mentioned by newapollo. 

If you are still waiting for your refund by 22nd February, pop back to us here and let us know and we can then look further into things for you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi, the actual disconnection date was the 8th Dec (I had given more than 30 days notice). It's now past 45 days - is there a way for you to check when the refund was sent and to what address?

Hi @IanHamilton1

Ah I see, then you should have had the cheque refund by now. I have located your account and will need to discuss further with you via private message so we can pass account security and sort this out for you. Please keep a look out for my private message in you inbox. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

Thank you for confirming all the information for me @IanHamilton1

Hopefully this is all resolved for you now and you'll receive your reissued cheque in the next 45days. 

Please let me know if you need us for anything else. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley