Menu
Mickmarie1956
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend

Is this a con when you refer a friend and you have loads of messing about to get your 50 pounds of your bill

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kath_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend

Hi Mickmarie1956,

Thanks for your post and I can assure you there is no con 🙂
There is a specific process in place for referring customers though so please make sure you follow it to be eligible. 

The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend

This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts and the discount wouldn't be applied to either accounts.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Mickmarie1956
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath this I have already done and no emails have been sent back to me regards of the situation she has even paid her first bill last month

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mickj

How did you refer your friend?

This is done either via the phone or via the referral page. These are the only two methods of referral we have.

Refer A Friend

Let me know which one you did.

I've popped a PM to you for you to reply back with with the details you have from the method you used. You can find this on the top right in the purple envelope.

Chat soon 😄

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Angieclarke337
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi I have just received my first bill after signing up to the refer a friend via a phone call with Colin form your sales office. He persistently called me to sign up after my friend used the email link and said I could only get the discount via him on the phone.

First bill arrived and no discount, I cannot afford £74 to come out my account instead of the PROMISED £27 so this will need to be resolved asap or I will have to cancel my direct debit and account.

0 Kudos
Angieclarke337
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Ps she didn’t get the £50 refer a friend discount when she joined after being referred by my dad. Great pattern emerging here eh 👻

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Guevara
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Did this get resolved? I'm experiencing exactly the same issue and getting no joy at all. I referred a friend earlier this year, their package started in August and they paid their first bill.  Nothing from Virgin.  Feeling a bit ripped off at the moment.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Angieclarke337,

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community forums, very sorry to hear you've not received the Refer A Friend credit. 

Sounds like you've followed the correct process by filling in the email, have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Let me know if you still need help.

Many thanks,

ALEX_RM- Forum Team

0 Kudos
HelpSeeker
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Same problem here. 

Happened the first time and after a couple of phone calls and an online chat conversation finally got this resolved. But required both me and my friend to speak individually.

Happened the second time and trying to resolve it now but not straightforward - many phone calls later I think may be close to being resolved.

My only advice would be persistence - but overall the referral is barely worth it given how long you have to spend trying to work out how to fix it and ringing Virgin.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Helpseeker,

Thank you for reaching out to us and supporting our community, I am sorry you found our recommend a friend programme so difficult and had to chase it up so much.

Since your last post have you manged to get your most recent referral sorted out?

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos