Menu
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend missing credit help

Hello, 

Recently I referred a family member to Virgin Media, I was told over the phone when I ordered the services that I would get the credit on my account once services were set up, they never once told me about the email you need to send, luckily I saw this and sent it off.

As of today both services are set up and the family member has had the £50 credit shown on their account, but my account shows nothing at all, I expected this off my first bill.

How do I rectify this, I really do not want to go through the phone calls again if at all possible.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend missing credit help

Hi Malk11,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns, I'm sorry for any confusion or delay regarding your referral credit.

Normal procedure dictates that you would usually receive this credit once your family member is classed as a "successful referral". This means they have to be installed for 28 days, then the credit is applied to your account which will be visible on your following bill.

Do you know what date your family member was installed? Did you receive an email confirming that your referral was successful and they had placed their order?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Malk11
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

we both had our services installed and activated on the 2nd of July so plenty of time since, I never received an email apart from the you have successfully referred a friend.

I could understand if I had not sent the form, but I did and my parents have had the amount credited on their latest bill, where mine is the full amount plus I am paying to cover costs from moving and £20 installation fee also, so the credit would be nice to soften the blow of £138 for my first bill, that is what it cost me to move my internet to a new home 😞

My services normally are £59, so its a chunk to pay, and seems i bore the brunt of the move fees here, anyway going off topic a bit but yes, no email to me but Virgin have credited one half of the promise, I just want what I was promised by the call center employee 🙂

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for confirming 🙂

I'd like to help make sure this is sorted out for you so I'll pop you a private message.

Thanks

Melissa