Menu
Highlighted
joshbab95
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend credit not applied after nearly three months

I have consistently been in contact with the Virgin Media customer service team after being referred by a friend for Virgin Broadband. I followed the correct process via email - I even received a confirmation email from Virgin stating the credit had been applied to my account. The first time I rang customer services I was told to try the online chat, every single time I have tried the online chat I have found an error message (see attached for example message), the second time I was told I would get the £50 credit added to my account after my first direct debit payment (this did not happen), I called customer services again and was told to try the online chat, I explained this had been offline for weeks and was told I would simply have to try again to provide evidence of my refer a friend confirmation email as apparently Virgin have no evidence of me doing this. Once again the chat is offline, before you ask, yes I know it is only functional between 8am and 8pm. Can someone please offer a solution to this absolute nightmare of a process. To add insult to injury the referee hasn't been credited either...IMG_1236.jpegMy credit has been applied...56284676464__E000D799-2F4A-472F-9C84-270AD9764BB2.jpegThe chat is currently unavailable...?! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend credit not applied after nearly three months

Hi joshbab95,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 
Thanks for confirming that you followed the correct process. As you have the email, I've no idea why the link wasn't made between the 2 accounts so apologies about that. 
Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.
I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos