cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refer a friend - Aklamio

Pamlova
Tuning in

In September I referred my son to Virgin media to 'bag a reward'.  We followed all the directions expected.  He has now had his Broadband for almost 6 months.  Neither of us have received our rewards.

I have contacted Aklamio who say it's too late to claim.  I have never received anything from either Virginmedia or Aklamio to say my claim is ready to be collected. 

How can it now be too late to claim??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi
The details of my first email were as follows:
'In October I referred a friend to your company and as yet haven't received the bonus as promised. My account number is [REMOVED]  and the friend's account number is [REMOVED] '

I asked for an investigation as to the reason we have not yet received the introductory bonus. The reply I received was that after they reviewed the referral account, there was no record of a recent reward registered. 

In order to support me further, they asked for the following information:

Referral link: Link shared:

- Date of order - which was September 2022

- Your friend's email address:

- Order completed online or over the phone with an agent?: 

I furnished them with the information.

I received the following reply:

'Following your email, I regret to inform you that the date of the order is too old, we are only able to create a Support Request for the missing/rejected reward within 3 months following the order date/the date of rejection of the reward. We are truly sorry, but we can no longer assist you with activating the reward in this case.

According to our terms and conditions, we have 3 months to create a so-called Support Request for the missing or rejected reward:
https://www.aklamio.com/en/terms
"§5 Rewards Conditions"

Under §6 Payment Conditions you can read that:
10. You may submit reward adjustment requests through the applicable option in Your reward account. The request must be made within the time period specified in the respective rewards offer, but in any event no later than within three (3) months following (i) the date of the transaction between the Partner and Customer (or User, respectively) or (ii) the rejection of the reward by Aklamio, as the case may be.'

Despite the above, I informed Aklamio that I was never contacted by Aklamio to inform me that the rewards had been confirmed.

They replied: '...you can always check the status of your reward from your referral account. When the order has been completed through a link, an email about the creation of the reward on your referral account is sent within 48 hours.

Therefore, there is always the possibility for you to send a request within 3 months from the order date between you and the partner - Virgin Media - in a case where a reward is missing.

We'd like to help you more, but the terms and conditions don't allow Virgin Media or Aklamio to add any rewards to the user accounts afterward.'
They informed me that: '
When the order has been completed through a link, an email about the creation of the reward on your referral account is sent within 48 hours.'

I never received an email link about the creation of the reward, so how was I able to claim any reward?
I hope this makes sense.
Regards
Pam

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Search this forum for the word Aklamio, and you'll see that it's not infrequent that people find that VM's promises are as well meant and frequently kept as any promise from Boris Johnson.  

I'd suggest you contact Citizens Advice but be aware that if there's clear terms to an offer and you didn't meet those terms then the only thing you can do is remember this when your VM fixed period comes to an end.

Thanks.  I followed all the criteria.

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Pamlova

Welcome to the Community Forums, thanks for your first post.

I'm sorry to hear that both you and your son have not received your refer-a-friend rewards. Can you please advise exactly what steps you took?

Did your son sign up directly via the unique referral link you would have received? You can find out all the information about the refer-a-friend scheme here.

Thank you

Beth

Pamlova_0-1676307536710.png

Here is a screenshot of the referral.  I believe everything was done on line and he used the referral link.  

I have emailed Aklamio on numerous occasions and can send you the emails if this helps.

I believe there are numerous issues regarding this.

Thanks

Pam

Thanks for your reply Pam, when you have emailed Alkamio, what have they advised regarding this?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Thanks Nathan

Can I send you the emails without addresses with the conversations between me and Aklamio please?

Tyanks

Pam

Thank you for reaching back out and Aklamio are our partners for this type of stuff.

Sure we can look at sending these over but first can you just advise what they have said please. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi
'In October I referred a friend to your company and as yet haven't received the bonus as promised. My account number is [REMOVED]  and the friend's account number is [REMOVED] '

I asked for an investigation as to the reason we have not yet received the introductory bonus. The reply I received was that after they reviewed the referral account, there was no record of a recent reward registered. 

'Following your email, I regret to inform you that the date of the order is too old, we are only able to create a Support Request for the missing/rejected reward within 3 months following the order date/the date of rejection of the reward. We are truly sorry, but we can no longer assist you with activating the reward in this case.

According to our terms and conditions, we have 3 months to create a so-called Support Request for the missing or rejected reward:
"§5 Rewards Conditions"

10. You may submit reward adjustment requests through the applicable option in Your reward account. The request must be made within the time period specified in the respective rewards offer, but in any event no later than within three (3) months following (i) the date of the transaction between the Partner and Customer (or User, respectively) or (ii) the rejection of the reward by Aklamio, as the case may be.'

Despite the above, I informed Aklamio that I was never contacted by Aklamio to inform me that the rewards had been confirmed.

They replied: '...you can always check the status of your reward from your referral account. When the order has been completed through a link, an email about the creation of the reward on your referral account is sent within 48 hours.

Therefore, there is always the possibility for you to send a request within 3 months from the order date between you and the partner - Virgin Media - in a case where a reward is missing.

We'd like to help you more, but the terms and conditions don't allow Virgin Media or Aklamio to add any rewards to the user accounts afterward.'
When the order has been completed through a link, an email about the creation of the reward on your referral account is sent within 48 hours.'

I never received an email link about the creation of the reward, so how was I able to claim any reward?
I hope this makes sense.
Regards
Pam

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Hi
'In October I referred a friend to your company and as yet haven't received the bonus as promised. My account number is [REMOVED]  and the friend's account number is [REMOVED] '

"§5 Rewards Conditions"

I hope this makes sense.
Regards
Pam