Menu
lizamy61
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend credit after cancelled contract

Hello,

I have recently cancelled my broadband contract, but sorted the refer a friend deal over the phone and was told that, even though I was cancelling my contract, I would still be credited with £50 because I referred a friend. 

Does anyone know if this is actually true? I have become sceptical from reading other posts. I am waiting on £50 credit due to overpaying on my first bill, but was thinking that after I receive this, my account will probably be closed and I won't therefore receive the £50 credit from the refer a friend scheme? Do you only receive the refer a friend credit as a discount to your bill? 

Thanks in advance,

Liz

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend credit after cancelled contract

This is very wrong for two main reasons:

1. You’re not a customer so can’t refer;

2. The referral process is online and is done via an exchange of emails that has to be used by the referred person to sign up.

0 Kudos
lizamy61
Just joined
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend credit after cancelled contract

Hi Ernie_C, thanks for your reply.

The person I spoke with over the phone said that I could take part in the deal even though I was ending my contract, I guess they got this wrong then. I have seen posts that say the referral process can be done by email or over the phone however. I do still have an account and still waiting on the credit from my final bill to come my way so think I technically am still a customer?  I will ring customer services and see what's going on but seems like I've been misled somewhere...

0 Kudos