Menu
Mashakosha
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend £50 credit

Hi, 

I've just received my first month's bill. I signed up through the refer a friend link I was sent, got an email saying my £50 credit would be added, and there's nothing like that on the bill. What's going on? I've just moved house so every penny counts and without that credit I'm really going to be struggling. So this needs to get sorted asap Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refer a Friend £50 credit

A member of the favicon.png Forum Team here can check to see if there's any sign of the Refer a Friend (RaF) link on your account. It takes a week roughly for a staff members to respond.

Or you can call in about it, do so by ringing 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any other phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details when asked for them -> Option 4 -> Option 1.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Mashakosha
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'd like for someone from the forum team to look at it please. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mashakosha,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend

This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Jennyc_83
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I too am having this problem. We were told the credit would come off of my first bill but nothing. I have the email saying my credit was to be added, I also have the email saying my friend referred me. I am so unhappy right now, as the original poster, I have also just moved house and every penny is needed. You are not the cheapest by far and If i knew there would be this much hassle I would have gone elsewhere. Please tell me exactly when I can expect my credit. Or alternatively, please tell me who to contact regarding cancellation?

Don't tell me to call your customer services, I already tried that and was passed from pillar to post, 5 different people, all apparently not in the correct department , in 50 minutes. I'm still waiting for my phone call back from the 4th!!

Mashakosha
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jenny, 

You're probably best off starting your own thread. It's the best way to get their attention, and they should get back to you within a week. I hate phoning because it's frustrating waiting for someone to answer, then getting passed around the departments which are probably people sat right next to each other. At least putting a message here puts the ball in their court and lets you do other things with your life. If they don't get back to you, keep hammering them, they'll get to it. 

Good luck!

Highlighted
Jennyc_83
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, ill do that Smiley Happy Its so ridiculous! Argghhhhhhhh Smiley Happy

Hope you get yours sorted also.

0 Kudos
washar209
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HI Kath, im having the same problem. I have the link that I used to join through a friend neither of us have had the £50 reward. Hope you can help.

0 Kudos
Mashakosha
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Better off starting your own thread buddy, rather than replying to another. They got me sorted. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi washar209

Thanks for posting abot the RAF credits.

In order for us to look into this for you can you pop back to me on a PM and confirm:

• Your name and full address
  • Confirm you are the account holder
  • Your friends details
  • A screenshot of the email you have recieved confirming the offer.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos