Menu
Highlighted
carlyo94
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend £50 credit not applied

Hi everyone,

My partner and I moved into our new flat at the end of July and decided to go with Virgin for our broadband etc as my dad had sent us a link for the refer a friend deal. 

So I received the email saying 'Your friend thinks you'll enjoy Virgin Media', I clicked on the link in the email, signed up and picked a suitable package. My order summary sent by email says the refer a friend discount had been applied successfully.

However, I've had my first bill out and it's for £78 so the discount hasn't been applied. I'm really disappointed with the service I've received so far as I've tried to use the online chat feature a few times this week and it's been unavailable every time. Today I managed to speak on the phone to an adviser and he was so unhelpful and just kept saying that the credit would be applied to my second bill even though I told him repeatedly that the original email I received with the offer stated I would receive £50 off my first bill. He then told me he couldn't help and that I should use the online chat.

I told him the online chat had been unavailable which he said was not true. So I hung up and tried to use the chat feature and surprise surprise, it's unavailable. Such a bad start to my time with Virgin Media.

Any help would be so appreciated.

Kind regards
Carly 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend £50 credit not applied

Hi Carly

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about the Refer A Friend credit and welcome to the forums Smiley Very Happy

If you still need help with this can you please pop back to my PM that you can find on the top right hand side in the purple envelope and confirm:

• Your name
  • Your full address including postcode
  • If you are the account holder
  • A screenshot of the original email showing you are eligible for the RAF offer.
  • The name and address of the person who referred you

Once I have the above I can look into this for you.

Speak soon!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos