Menu
Highlighted
brothercooke
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend £50 credit not applied

Has anyone else had issues with Virgin Media not paying the £50 referral fee? I referred a friend on 6th September 2017 and got a thank you email. However, she didn't receive an email herself, so she called up instead and told them I'd referred her. They acknowledged the referral on the telephone, processed the new account and installed a few days later. Great! However...

I've just spent over 2 hours on the phone to 5 different agents in the call centre in The Philippines (Manila) and have been dropped 3 times, including once by a manager! All incredibly rude and unhelpful. They say that there is no record of the referral and won't budge on this at all!

Should I go to the ombudsman about this? What have other's experiences been? Has anyone actually received this payment or is it a con?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refer a Friend £50 credit not applied

Hi brothercooke, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

As you received an email this suggests the correct process was followed but I don't know why your friend didn't receive an email. 

If you still have the email then we can accept this. 

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

brothercooke
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Kath, I have PM'd you and also emailed you the evidence as requested. Thanks again for picking this issue up for me, I hope we can resolve it. 

0 Kudos
brothercooke
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for resolving this Kath! You've been incredibly helpful. My friend and I are very happy with how quickly you were able to get to the root of the problem.

I wish I'd not spent all of that time on the telephone to the call centre in The Philippines, and just come straight to this community forum in the first place!

Cheers, Rich.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

No worries Rich Smiley Happy

I'm glad all is resolved for you now. 

If you have any further issues, you know where to come. 

Have a great Christmas and New Year. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Alstukes1
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Having the same issue, I received an email from virgin on 4/12/17 saying the usual "your friend thinks you'll love virgin media etc" and signed up via the link on this email. Neither of us have received our refer a friend money off either? How can I resolve this I've tried calling but just keep getting calls dropping out?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Alstukes1,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

You've mentioned in your post that you've done this so I'm unsure why it hasn't gone through. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos