cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recontracted 12/01 but new monthly price on contract is incorrect

AlexRS2782
Tuning in

Hi all, first post here.  I will more than likely be trying to contact customer services about this tomorrow but thought i'd post here incase one of the VM employess on the forum may also be able to help / investigate as it's, as expected, been exceptionally difficult / long getting through to speak to people.

Spent some time on 11/01 & 12/01 organising a recontract with UK retentions team.  I'd been on a broadband only package since early '18 but after speaking to retentions about looking to add a phone line we agreed on a new contract, to start after my current billing cycle ends this month, that included phone (Talk More Evenings & Weekends) and TV in addition to my existing broadband and that there would be no additional installation fees.

The price for the new 18 month contract was agreed at £44 per month and an order for delivery of the 360 box / line was put in place for 17/01.  However the new contract paperwork has just been emailed over to me and it states that my new monthly service payment (and for the next 18 months) is now £64 - so this is £20 more than the price agreed.  I can only hope / assume someone has just made an error whilst updating the Direct Debit details as i definitely wouldn't have agreed to that price.

Would it be possible for one of the VM forum team to look into this and see if this can be corrected ASAP as my concern is that the DD appears to have already been adjusted which means even this months payment (at the end of this month) appears to now be going out at this new price!!!

In addition to this, when i check my billing in my online account, earlier today it stated my last bill to cover January was £38.37, yet now it states my previous bill for December is £22.50 even though that payment was already taken in December at £38.37.  Yet when i go into the historic bills section they are still showing all previous months including December & January correctly at £38.37. 

I'm exceptionally confused now.

Many Thanks for all / any help in resolving this.

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @AlexRS2782 

The £22.50 is a known glitch. That shows up on my account too if I use either Chrome or Edge browsers, but it has the correct details if I use Firefox or the My Virgin Media app.  It happened  a few times last year too.

I would double check in My Virgin Media. for your new contract as that should show the correct new price AND discounts.

Often regrading happens part way though a billing cycle which may explain price differences, it may be that agent has regraded you from today and not when your current billing cycle ends.

A member of the Forum Team may pick this up in a day or two and check, but they are unable to process regrades.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

AlexRS2782
Tuning in

Ok i guess that explains the £22.50 issue - i'm using Chrome and since turning my adblocker back on that screen has now changed back from £22.50 to £38.37 with the correct price and date for this months billing.

The contract details within "MyVirginMedia" show it as "Pending" as the start date appears to be from the delivery date of 17/01, however even though the contract makes reference of the "Big Bundle Discount", that was agreed with retentions at £44, it's been entered as £64 per month from the start of the new contract - which just happens to be the price when the 18 month contract ends in 2023 - hence why i hope it's a data entry / admin error.

VirginContract Redacted.jpg

Just rather annoying as it means yet another long call tomorrow (i assume this is now accounts not retentions / customer relations) to try and sort this out - especially after the last 2 days of bouncing between various overseas operatives offering different retention deals from the one i'd already agreed on 11/01 before somehow lucking in and getting transferred back through to the original UK team i spoke to originally.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @AlexRS2782 

I agree the contract price looks to be incorrect.

The monthly service charge should be the price you pay less any discounts that have been applied.

Personally I would speak to retentions again, 150 form a VM landline and options 1,1,4 and 4 , but try and call first thing on a morning at 8am when lines first open.

If the call is picked up by any other depratment then insist on being passed through to retentions.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi @AlexRS2782 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry for any confusion around the monthly cost and contract received.  Have you managed to speak to the retentions team as per newapollo's advice?

Regards

Lee_R

AlexRS2782
Tuning in

Hi,

Yes, not long off the phone to retentions.  Hopefully it has been resolved but i'm waiting for a copy of the corrected contract to be sure.

Based on the call, it appears that the discount had all been applied correctly originally and was showing for billing on your system at £44 from the new billing cycle, but for some reason the cost was defaulting to £64 on the contract itself even though the discount code(s) had been applied.  Person i spoke to (think it was Leanne?) decided to remove the original agreement from yesterday and build the package back up on the system again, re-add the discount codes, etc, to see if that corrected things but even that still defaulted back to the same issue as before so said she'd have a look into it and call me back.

Got a call back not that long after saying that they'd managed to override the issue at their end (i believe it's either been by getting the correct discount code actioned or by applying a £20 monthly credit against the account) and that it in either case it should now show as £44 with a new contract forwarded through at some point later to reflect that, so i'll keep an eye out for that later today and hopefully it will be OK and can update accordingly 🙂

Cheers

Thanks for getting back to us @AlexRS2782

Please do keep us updated.  If you need us to take a look, for reassurance, we can certainly do that for you.

Regards

Lee_R

AlexRS2782
Tuning in

Hi @Lee_R

Just checked my account and can confirm that the new contract has been uploaded / received and is showing the agreed cost of £44 per month 🙂  I've also had confirmation of the upcoming payment schedule (including the first payment with the activation fee) and these all appear correct too so it looks like your colleague i spoke to earlier this morning has resolved this 🙂 

Big thanks to @newapollo too for the suggestion about calling quite early on as that certainly helped in getting through straight away to the right team 🙂

Many Thanks all.

That's fantastic AlexRS2782

Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.  I also thank @newapollo especially as their support backs up my total faith in our community 🙂

Regards

Lee_R