cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently joined Virgin on an 18 month contract at £25 a month. My first bill is allegedly £150 a month

Duckgamerzz
Joining in

So I received the below email, stating that my first bill will be £50 for a "quick installation" which is me installing it myself I might add.

Plus £100 for additional one-off costs? What the heck? I didnt agree to anything else, at no point was this ever stated in the terms of the contract. Delivery? Delivery of a box this size costs £3 through royal mail. No one is setting it up for me, I didnt order any additional accessories. Why the heck is my first bill £150?

Someone explain this to me please. If my first bill truly is £150 then I will be leaving VM.

Does CR mean Credit? What does that mean?

About your bill...
(Just so it's not a surprise.)
Based on your installation date and new Virgin Media services, we estimate your first bill will be: CR £50.00*

Your first month's charge will start from when you activate your service on 12th September 2022. You will receive your first bill on 5th October, it will include your first calendar month of service from activation, plus your month in advance.
Your first bill will also include CR £100.00 for one-off costs such as installation, delivery and purchase of additional accessories.
After your first bill, this will settle down to £25.00*
Want to know why we do this? Check out our Q&As.
As you've opted for eBilling, you'll receive a monthly notification email when your bill is ready to view. If you've set up a Direct Debit you'll receive a confirmation email shortly, plus our Direct Debit guarantee.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Duckgamerzz 

CR does indeed stand for Credit.

You have a  £100 credit applied to your first bill.

Your service is being activated on 12th September.

It looks like you've agreed a deal @£25 per month

Since VM bill one month in advance, your first bill  which you will receive on 5th October will have the costs for September 12th to October 11th, and also the period October 12th to November 11th.  Your first bill would have included an activation fee for your equipment (hub) but it looks like you haven't been charged for this. Perhaps that's part of the £100 credit.

Your account balance once the first bill has been produced (£50 credit) will be carried over to the bill issued 5th November. On that date you will be charged your usual monthly price of £25, leaving a credit balance of £25. On the bill following that you will be charged £25, leaving  ac redit balance of zero - in other words after that bill you will actually start paying for your broadband.

The following page explains fist bills https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill 

The small print <<< on this page >>>  explains any set up fees that may be charged to your account - under FAQ's Upfront and set up costs.

"All our broadband deals include a set-up fee of £35 as standard, unless the deal you pick has an offer on this fee. If your home is already connected to our network, you can choose to install our services yourself with our QuickStart kit. Get it delivered at no extra cost either to your home or to a collection point with Click & Collect.

If your home has a connection to the Virgin Media network, or if it’s been connected before and you’d prefer not to install your services yourself, we'll send a technician to get you set up. This usually has an installation fee of £40, unless your deal includes free installation."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Duckgamerzz
Joining in

Bump

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, CR means credit, a negative amount. If you don’t want this money, I’ll have it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Duckgamerzz 

CR does indeed stand for Credit.

You have a  £100 credit applied to your first bill.

Your service is being activated on 12th September.

It looks like you've agreed a deal @£25 per month

Since VM bill one month in advance, your first bill  which you will receive on 5th October will have the costs for September 12th to October 11th, and also the period October 12th to November 11th.  Your first bill would have included an activation fee for your equipment (hub) but it looks like you haven't been charged for this. Perhaps that's part of the £100 credit.

Your account balance once the first bill has been produced (£50 credit) will be carried over to the bill issued 5th November. On that date you will be charged your usual monthly price of £25, leaving a credit balance of £25. On the bill following that you will be charged £25, leaving  ac redit balance of zero - in other words after that bill you will actually start paying for your broadband.

The following page explains fist bills https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-first-bill 

The small print <<< on this page >>>  explains any set up fees that may be charged to your account - under FAQ's Upfront and set up costs.

"All our broadband deals include a set-up fee of £35 as standard, unless the deal you pick has an offer on this fee. If your home is already connected to our network, you can choose to install our services yourself with our QuickStart kit. Get it delivered at no extra cost either to your home or to a collection point with Click & Collect.

If your home has a connection to the Virgin Media network, or if it’s been connected before and you’d prefer not to install your services yourself, we'll send a technician to get you set up. This usually has an installation fee of £40, unless your deal includes free installation."

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Virgin media is already set up at this property as I know the previous tenant is on a VM package. Where does the installation fee fit into all of this?

Hi Duckgamerzz, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with your billing. I can see that newapollo has given a great post with most things you need to know. 

In terms of any installation fee, you'd only pay this if you are having an engineer to come and install things. When completing a self install, you won't be charged an installation fee but there may be an activation fee instead. You can take a look on your Order Confirmation to check if this was chargeable or free. 

If you have any further queries, just let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs