cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received bill despite cancelling contract

FelisCatus
Tuning in

I cancelled my contract a week ago by phone (more than 30 days in advance) and was told that I would not receive any more bills because my account is in credit. This was confirmed a few days later by a different customer service person again over the phone. I was told by both people that I would receive confirmation of cancellation in writing by e-mail and/or post, but I've received nothing apart from the packaging to send back my equipment. There is also nothing on my virgin media account. My main concern is that I've now also received a bill. Any advice about what to do about this would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello FelisCatus

Sorry to hear you have left us 

Sadly we don't send out confirmation emails or letters when an account is disconnected 

We should do and I will pass feedback on to the relevant team 

I wish you all the best with your new provider 

Gareth_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

tecdude
On our wavelength
Log in to your account, and you should be able to terminate it from there. if that doesn't work, call them.

I don't see an option for doing that anywhere..

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@FelisCatus wrote:

I cancelled my contract a week ago by phone (more than 30 days in advance) and was told that I would not receive any more bills because my account is in credit.

Hi FelisCatus,

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for this, it makes sense. However, I was told by two virgin media people on the phone that I wouldn’t receive any more bills, which is why I’m confused. I guess I’ll have to call them.

Is it normal to not get an confirmation email/letter when you cancel?

Hello FelisCatus

Sorry to hear you have left us 

Sadly we don't send out confirmation emails or letters when an account is disconnected 

We should do and I will pass feedback on to the relevant team 

I wish you all the best with your new provider 

Gareth_L