Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really poor customer services

Janette4000
Joining in

After some general advice about some horrendous customer services experience

renewed my contract in February got a good deal and was overall happy

3 week later received a letter about upcoming price increase by 7 pound a month spoke to 3 different advisors was told no increase just ignore email

1 week later fault with broadband engineers come out to run new cable from box to street left cable exposed drilled a hole through my outside wall and cable exposed rang up complained 1 week later came out and rectified

then receive my bill there is a late payment fee of 7.50 even though the direct debit goes out when they take it spoke to a advisor Sunday was informed this would be recredited to my account 

now Wednesday and still not received so ring up playing dumb and saying what late payment oh from the 1st of April your contract is going up 9 pound a month 

so 2 hours later finally get through to retentions oh no your contract price isn’t going up ???

and as a good will gesture we will refund your direct debit payment erm no not good enough we’re do I go from here any advice

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Janette4000,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had whilst dealing with our team and the damage to your home. 

What are you wanting to do with this going forward, if your issues have now all been resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Janette4000,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the experience that you've had whilst dealing with our team and the damage to your home. 

What are you wanting to do with this going forward, if your issues have now all been resolved?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

jem101
Superstar

@Janette4000 wrote:

After some general advice about some horrendous customer services experience

renewed my contract in February got a good deal and was overall happy

3 week later received a letter about upcoming price increase by 7 pound a month spoke to 3 different advisors was told no increase just ignore email

1 week later fault with broadband engineers come out to run new cable from box to street left cable exposed drilled a hole through my outside wall and cable exposed rang up complained 1 week later came out and rectified

then receive my bill there is a late payment fee of 7.50 even though the direct debit goes out when they take it spoke to a advisor Sunday was informed this would be recredited to my account 

now Wednesday and still not received so ring up playing dumb and saying what late payment oh from the 1st of April your contract is going up 9 pound a month 

so 2 hours later finally get through to retentions oh no your contract price isn’t going up ???

and as a good will gesture we will refund your direct debit payment erm no not good enough we’re do I go from here any advice

Well, not too sure what ‘advice’ anyone can give, you are obviously well outside of the 14 day cooling off period and hence are now presumably tied into a new minimum 18 month contract. Do please bear in mind that next year, VM have already decided that next year they will increase the monthly fees by 3.9% over and above whatever the rate of inflation is for the February of that month (using the RPI values which are often higher than might be necessary), and you have no ability to bail out without penalty as they changed the Terms and Conditions, which you actually agreed to be bound by when you got the new deal! Oh and this rise will be calculated against the non-discounted price, so you might be in for a bit of a shock!

Firstly, it does critically depend on the wording of your new deal, but probably, you won’t actually be subject to the price rise this year, although do be aware of the potential eye-watering rise next year, which you can’t now escape!

Now, in terms of the customer services experience, well all I can say is ‘welcome to the weird and wacky world of Virgin Media’. You might want to browse some of the posts on here, especially in the Quickstart… section, just so as to set expectations.

John

Yes they finally conceded that shouldn’t have been told price increase as far as I’m concerned now I have 16 month left on contract so say 12 month b4 price increase I’ll have just over 3/4 month left and probarbly leave to be honest 

Not really sure the damage to property has been rectified to a certain degree I had to get my husband to ccorrect  in the end there are numerous other issues including me having to cancel my direct debit because of there attitude just adding a late payment fee and just being rather abrupt  I have put a complaint in and asked for a deadlock letter to escalate so see we’re it goes thank you for your reply 

Okay thank you for keeping us updated on this.

Please can you keep us regularly updated on this and is any other issues please do let us know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

shaz9
Just joined

Really regret staying with these guys the India call centres have no customer service skills, 

I had internet issues and on going for a very long time , they carried a diagnostics to discover the boosters they provided are faulty and offered to replace these 8w la ago, after receiving nothing 4 weeks I had to call to be advised they hadn’t been sent and will be sent to further still wait I had to call back to discover I won’t be getting the replacement without a cost, not only has no one advised me of this but these are to replace the current faulty boosters that they supplied , you couldn’t make this up, then spoke to manager in India who not once apologied for the incorrect and inconvenience they had caused me but instead had the cheek to ask me to pay AGAIN, There was no customer service skills , hand on heart I have to say Virgin is probably if not the worse customer service I have had to endure, the rudeness is unreal 

I can only share my journey and would advise you pay a little more and use an alternative supplier 

I’ve raised complaints and waiting for seek the outcome and I will too be seeking to leave virgin 

Many thanks 

Hi Shaz9 👋 welcome to community! Thank you for posting. 

Really sorry to hear this feedback about your experience with us, and that the issue is still ongoing. In order to take a closer look at what has happened and offer further support with both the missing Wi-Fi pods and your complaint we will need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details. 

I will send you one now - you can find this in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience whilst we investigate and offer help. 🌞

All the best. 

Molly