cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reactivation after Cancellation

rossf0510
Joining in

Hello,

I cancelled my Virgin Media contract on 20th April as I planned to move to BT and in the process I incurred an early termination fee which BT offered to refund.

I had BT installed but it wasn't happy with the speed so called them to cancel and Virgin to reinstate my original contract on the 20th May. Virgin agreed to reinstate and explicitly confirmed I would not be charged the early termination fee.

Later on after reinstating, I received an email saying my price had increased from £31 to £45 and I had entered into a new contract for 18 months and still had to pay the early disconnection fee. I tried to call customer service who passed me to retentions who then hung up on me, and then I spoke to another person in the cancellation team for over an hour who tried to process a new deal for me but then confirmed he couldn't do anything and I was stuck then the line disconnected again.

Can anyone help me? This seemed like a very simple request this morning to reactivate my broadband but has now turned into a nightmare. 

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @rossf0510,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear of the issues and experience that you've had trying to get this resolved, unfortunately, we cannot help with any package changes over the forums. You can message us on WhatsApp using 0730 532 7112. Please be aware that replies aren't instant from this service but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can.

Regards,

Steven_L

Thanks for the reply Steven. I contacted the WhatsApp chat last night and got through to them this morning but then the chat somehow got reset and I went back to the beginning of the bot sequence. I’ve been waiting since 1338 for a reply from Customer Relations. Hopefully someone picks it up but I fear I’ll end up at the bot again.

Hi @rossf0510

Thank you for the update.

We are very sorry for the current wait times.

Have you now had a response?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I received a response through WhatsApp but the representative still couldn’t help me so raised a complaint C-22052281.

I’m not looking for a new deal or package, I only want to cancel my disconnection and reinstate my contract.

Hi @rossf0510,

I'm really sorry to hear that this is ongoing. In regards to the package that has been applied onto your account now, is this the same as before except for the total price?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach,

I was paying £31.25 a month for M100 contracted until November 2022 but I'm now paying £47.25 a month for M100 in a contract until November 2023 with an early disconnection fee of £162.59. 

I didn't want to cancel my original contract or take up a new one so wasn't expecting a new term, price, or fee.

Thanks

Ross

Hi @rossf0510,

Thank you for expanding. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so that we can take some details from you and have a closer look at what's happening.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!