cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-occuring Additional content (18) charges on Virgin 360

AM_2017
Tuning in

Hi

I am hoping someone can please help me, I tried calling the customer service team twice and they were so unhelpful, blaming me for something I'd not ordered.

I noticed on 04/10/2021 that I had two charges for interactive/additional charge showing as "additional content (18)" which indicated to me some kind of adult/over 18 content. I live with my parents, we've never used any chargeable TV content (we do have charge on phone line) and these charges were for £6.99 and £7.49.

When I tried to challenge this Virgin was blunt in saying that me/my parents had brought an adult film and the PIN would be needed - their system/TV service never lies. We've only ever used the pin for:

1. Recorded shows/movies that request it during daytime hours

2. When required when I go into my settings

I have for benefit of doubt checked with my parents and no-one has accessed (accidentally or even deliberately) any adult content or paid-for TV service. 

This first happened on 04/10/2021, and this is since upgrading to the Virgin 360 beta TV service. Whilst we have the old Virgin TV service (same box) this has never happened to us before. 

I can see on my unbilled, the same charge of £6.99 charged on 06/10/2021, then 07/10/2021. This is really, really beginning to stress me out. When I called Virgin earlier yesterday I asked for specific detail, i.e., tell me the name of the show/movie/channel that was charged for and what time it was alleged to be accessed. They simply said no - we don't have that information - but you've entered the PIN and made a purchase for this content.

I told them, if you can prove this has been ordered through the box (by giving me the details I've asked for) I will happily accept and pay for the charges, but both agents failed to provide any specific information to me.

I could understand if someone in the household accidentally ordered something, lies about it, but this is a re-occurring charge each day since 04/10/2021, of £6.99. I have become that paranoid by this that I've signed out and reset both Netflix and Prime Video in case the charges are being triggered by the apps (this should not be happening any way as I pay for those independently!)

I've also tried to check rental (under the Saved section), but nothing is shown there. 

Can someone from Virgin Media please get in touch with me as this is stressing me out and I'm now prepared to take this to the BBC or a newspaper to report on. If I call your call centre up again, I will be faced by the same lack of help or support, your social media team can't even help me just like a robot telling me to call 150 again!

I'd appreciate any support that can be given, but I want Virgin Media to take this seriously and please get in touch!

3 REPLIES 3

AM_2017
Tuning in

Updated question - how do I ask virgin to block or remove the ability to access/see pay open view or interactive TV services on the Virgin 360 platform? If at all possible? 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@AM_2017 wrote:

Updated question - how do I ask virgin to block or remove the ability to access/see pay open view or interactive TV services on the Virgin 360 platform? If at all possible? 

Can't help in detail with your queries as I don't have VM TV but there have been a couple of recent similar queries about unexpected charges for additional content

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Adress-for-head-office/td-p/4813797

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Charged-for-adult-channels-any-furt...

so you seem not to be alone with this. The matter of phantom telephone call charges, which the customer does not recognise, is mentioned regularly on the forums. Suspect this issue is likely to be some similar kind of billing/account error.

Let the VM forum team see if they can help you with this. They normally reply within a day or two.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi AM_2017

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry to hear of your experience when contacting the team and for the unknown charge on your account. 

It is correct that in order to purchase any paid content, a PIN would ne required and confirmation or the order would also show on the screen. 

I appreciate you have spoken with everyone in the household who have advised they have not ordered the content so I would be happy to take a look from our side. 

I will pop you over a private message to grab a few more details and we can go from there. This message will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat