cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: When to notify Virgin about leaving?

suzefreeman
Tuning in

I am also trying to leave, but I have been left on hold every time I try to call and never get through. I can only call after 8pm due to my work commitments and I've been waiting an hour on the messaging service.

If I write a letter, who can guarantee that it will be opened and read in time to give 30 days notice?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you send a letter, do so by recorded "signed for" - my understanding is that the 30days will run from the day after receipt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you send a letter, do so by recorded "signed for" - my understanding is that the 30days will run from the day after receipt.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

thanks, ridiculous though, that in this day and age, we have to send a letter to a telecom company instead of simply emailing them.

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced suzefreeman,

Welcome back to the community.

Have you been able to get in touch with the team since posting?
Let us know,

Kain

No, I have been stuck in a whatsapp chat loop for 11 hours and got nowhere. 

Hi suzefreeman, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear you are still having an issue with trying to leave. We can certainly check this out to you but in order to do that I will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs