cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Volt: Benefits for being with both Virgin Media and O2

Jamie33
Joining in

Hi. 
I have same issue. Been a VM customer for around 20 yrs. I took out O2 sim in October last year and another 3 weeks ago. Both O2 data has been boosted via volt , but after numerous calls and complaint I still cannot get VM to boost broadband speed. They just keep trying to sell me more products. Want me to take an O2 sim thru them. Customer service people don’t seem to know about promotion. Called O2 and they say it’s a VM issue for them to sort. 
Anybody any ideas how to proceed?

8 REPLIES 8

dibberly
Dialled in

i would speak to retentions a few minutes past 8am during the week....if you get through to the UK customer services they are usually pretty good. If it gets transferred abroad then hang up and try again

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jamie33,

Welcome back to our community forums and thank you for your first post.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with your volt benefits. We can understand your frustration and want to best help. Just to confirm, how did you enroll in vault services? Also, when did you do so? Have you had any correspondence from our team regarding Volt?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi.

I have a standard account ( bigger bundle 100mbs) . I joined O2 to take benefit of double data and speed boost by being customer of both Virgin and O2 as heavily advertised on both websites. O2 activated volt benefits on 11th Dec and is shown on my O2.

I contacted VM after new year however, the customer service folks didn’t seem to understand what the issue was and only wanted to change my package( at cost) or take an O2 sim via them. This was the same with 2 customer service people.

I sent in a correspondence via complaint procedure and got response below. Which again doesn’t make any sense..

Not really sure how to enroll. Just thought that if you have services with both O2 and VM it would be automatic as it worked with O2 with no issues. 

thanks for help

James

Hello JAMES DICKSON,

We have a little update on your complaint with us. We didn’t want to delay things, so we’ve gone ahead and looked into a resolution for you.

Here’s a quick recap

Your complaint was:
Cable > Activation/Provision > Other 

We’ve looked into it and here’s what we found:
In concern to your account service issue, we will consider your feedback and work towards better service. As per the records we see that you have connected with our team on 16/01/22. The team has managed to assist you with the account, advised about Volt benefit and your O2 SIM was not inbuilt with your Virgin media package. However, If you experience any issue with your services, we request you to contact our technical team when you are at the property for troubleshooting purpose, because the team need to be identified on a root cause basis to diagnose rightly and schedule an engineer, if required they will help you to order WIFI pods in order to always have stable broadband.

Hi Jamie33, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Usually to get the Volt benefits, you would need to enroll though your O2 online account. This starts the process in motion and whilst the data is doubled on O2 quite quickly, it usually takes 14 days for the speed boost to be completed on VM's side. 

The O2 account and VM account need to be in the exact same name and address. If there is a spelling difference then the boost wouldn't take place. 

I will need to confirm some information with you to raise this further. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Hi @Jamie33

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. 

I have added your O2 mobile number to your account and escalated this over to the relevant teams. 

They will pick this up and check your account details against those held with O2. As long as they match, the VM benefits will be applied 🙂 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Thanks Kath 

Fingers crossed it works. 
much appreciated

Ta

James

Quick update. 
After Kath F intervened, I can confirm volt benefits have now been applied by this weekend by VM. Thanks to Kath for all your help. Don’t spend hours on the phone like I did just to prove a point. This just proves that forums can help.

Thanks for getting back to us Jamie33

I will ensure Kath gets your feedback.  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R