cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Volt Benefits - Virgin Media apparently not available on my area?

Bazzer
On our wavelength
Hey Ratty,

Did this problem sort itself out, I've got the exact same problem?
12 REPLIES 12

Ratty86
On our wavelength

Bazzer,

Yeah it did after a little while. It must just be a timescale thing.

My phone data updated first then about a week after I posted the message my broadband got boosted.

Hopefully you won't have to wait too long for yours.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Bazzer

Thanks for posting. Sorry to hear of this issue. Are both names and addresses of both O2 and Virgin Media accounts the same?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Bazzer
On our wavelength

Hi John,

thanks for the reply. 

Just to clarify, my broadband speed boost worked ok on the day I got my new hub 3.

My new O2 mobile account ported over my existing Virgin mobile number ok after about 48 hours.

When I log into my O2 account it shows the 'user' as my email address and the data is still showing as 5gb and still hasn't updated to 10gb after 12 days.

My name is clearly listed in my Virgin Media account and I've been with them since the days of Nynex so why it's saying Virgin Media isn't available at my address is a mystery but I can't see my name listed anywhere in the new O2 account other than in my email address.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to us Bazzer, 

It can take up to 14 days for these to become active, if you do have any further issue after that date then please do come back to us and we can take a further look into things. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Bazzer
On our wavelength

14 days are up and my data still hasn't gone up to10gb

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Bazzer

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Does your O2 account advise that the VOLT benefits have been activated?

Regard

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bazzer
On our wavelength

Hi Travis,

I see this ...

Thanks for your interest in Volt

You're seeing this message for one of two reasons:
1. Your Volt benefits are active.
Thanks for taking Volt. We hope you enjoy your supercharged benefits. If you've not got them already, it can take a few days for them to be applied, but we'll send you a message as soon as they're active. Once active you can see your double data and other Volt benefits in My O2.
2. It doesn't look like you can get Volt right now.
You need to be a customer of both O2 and Virgin Media to be eligible for Volt. Right now, Virgin Media isn't available at your address below. But don't worry, we're always expanding our broadband network, so keep an eye out for when it becomes available in your area.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Are you aware if the O2 address on the mobile account is registered under the same as your media account?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Bazzer
On our wavelength

Travis,

please read the 4th post above where I clarify whats happening