Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrade Options not showing

Can I add a +1 to this thread please.

0 Kudos
eighthsage
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to upgrade online. Virgin service is truly terrible!

Adding a +1 to this.

why can’t I change my account online?  All I get is a whoops, something went wrong.  

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unable to upgrade online. Virgin service is truly terrible!

Hi eightsage,

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and requires extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around teatime

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi eighthsage,

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team no longer have access to enable them to change your package.

If in the the upgrades and offers section you see an Oops something went wrong message, it's because you either already have a discount, or because the package you are on is no longer sold and requires extra manipulation by agents to change the package.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 4 (Changes to your package) but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around teatime

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Ashg
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have the same problem with the upgrade options online. I just wish to see the upgrade options online and do not wish have to speak to one of their operators who I can never understand.  I have complained three times over the last three months to VM  via their online complaints form and each time all I get is a reply "we tried to ring you but couldn't get through but you can upgrade online via your account or with our app"  😡. This just proves they are not reading my complaint! . I'm at home 95% of the time so their reply doesn't ring as true.I also pointed out I do not wish to fix this via a phone call and would like a solution by email.      

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ashg,

Thank you for your post.

I am really sorry to hear that trying to change your package has been such an issue for you and that you haven't heard back from the complaints which you've logged, I appreciate this must be really frustrating.

As newapollo as advised, we sadly cannot help with package change requests here from the Community Forums, nor do we have a general contact email address that you can contact. If you prefer to discuss your package change on a digital platform, you're more than welcome to contact us via our SMS service as stated in their post above.

If you're happy to confirm the complaint reference, I can certainly take a look at it for you from here?

Thanks,

Beth

Beth
0 Kudos
eighthsage
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

"If you don't want to be tied up on the phone then you could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade  to 07533 051809"

I went down this route and it is somewhat painful.  The response from your operators is somewhat delayed - I totally get that - happy for the conversation to go over a number of days.  However,  when your operators have responded they want a response from me immediately.  If I don't respond then the conversation is closed and you go back to a bot.

Can you ask your operators to run a "long-lived conversation",  it may take me a day to respond if I am stuck in meetings,  please don't close the conversation because I take a while to respond.  It wouldn't be so bad if you responded immediately but your responses are delayed.

0 Kudos