cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unexpected Default

Jaxo
On our wavelength

Currently going through the exact same issue.. tried to call them but got nowhere. They make it deliberately difficult to contact them.

My final bill came in around 6 weeks after leaving, I could not pay online as they had removed the option from my account on the the app and website.

Next thing I received a debt collector letter from BPO collections, I paid it to them when I received the letter (3 weeks after the final bill was received) and today I see they have put a default in my credit file for an unpaid debt of £90. 

I've heard so many similar stories, I will never use virgin media again for anything and will do my best to convince everyone else not to use them either.. 

8 REPLIES 8

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Jaxo 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your default.

I am going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further - please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Jaxo
On our wavelength

The amount of ex virgin customers getting defaults recorded on the credit files for trivial amounts they know nothing about is quite remarkable..

This needs brought up with Martin Lewis and the ombudsman service.

Jaxo
On our wavelength

Could you message me the contact details for my court forms?

I have had no end of problems with Virgin media for the past year. It has resulted in me receiving a default on my credit files for £90 for a bill which I have proved has been paid.

Their customer support is shocking, To contact them you hold on the phone for hours, wait on emails for weeks, and the forum / twitter guys although they pretend to be helping to the public eyes reading the forums and tweets, really they just want you away from the public eye and make you jump through hoops in PMs only to tell you what you already know and you need to contact customer service, or the billing team, or the credit disputes team or the etc etc etc.

You end up getting nowhere and when you step back and look at the bigger picture you can see it's all been designed so they can do exactly what they want with little to no accountability.

I'm going to take them to court also for the untrue derogatory marks on my credit files and the stress and anxiety this has caused and I'm going to push for compensation for the amount of time I've had to deal with the issues they have needlessly created.

Hi Jaxo,

Thanks for your post - we're really sorry to hear you feel you need to take legal action for the ongoing issues you've had with your bills.

I can see that you have been in PM with our forum member Travis, if you do still require further help please do continue to speak with him and he will be able to assist you and address all of the issues raised.

He still be back on shift from 1pm today.

Beth

Hi Jaxo

Dealing with VM is a waste of time, I am still in dispute and have never received a deadlock letter or a response to my requests for copies of my data.

I have been in touch with lawyers for advice, I suggest group action to put an end to this abuse of consumer rights. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JEnD89 

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear about your issue

Have you already raised a complaint with us? Have you requested a deadlock letter directly via the team?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

Yeah I have… 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @JEnD89

Thanks for your response and my apologies for the inconvenience

I'm going to drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further - please keep an eye your inbox for a message from myself.

Travis_M
Forum Team