cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Unanswered complaint

ChrisClaret
Tuning in

Another unanswered complaint here. VM owed me 171GBP for 7 months. Almost impossible to get a response and when you do, they don't do what they say and you have to start again. 9 months after leaving them, today I get a bill saying there's £40 outstanding. Never ever again. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I see, i'm going to private message you now to have a look further into this. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

10 REPLIES 10

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Your quickest resolution will be if the forum staff pick this up and get it resolved pronto, and I'll flag this for their attention.  If you made a formal complaint (with a reference number) more than eight weeks ago, you also have the option to escalate to the industry arbitration scheme, CISAS.  Using CISAS is free, and gets your complaint impartially reviewed, but can take around six weeks, and requires you to set out your case, and provide as much detail as you can on the background, previous contacts with VM, including any specific circumstances or poor service (eg rudeness, broken promises, long call waits etc) .  In either case I'd also be asking for compensation for the hassle, over and above any money they owe you.  

Also check your credit history.  If after many months VM are claiming they are owed £40, that's possibly been marked on your credit history as a defaulted payment under a credit agreement.  If that's the case and VM in fact owe you money, then as part of the settlement VM need to wipe that off the credit history.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @ChrisClaret 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with your complaint being resolved. 

Are you able to let me know when you raised the complaint? 

Kind regards.

Zak_M

Thanks for the response. I'm away from home at the moment so don't want you to think I'm blanking you....will give you approximate dates of complaints - one in writing and one sent via email. Basically, I left Virgin in Nov 2020. Several final bi;ls stating I was in credit 171GBP. Several promises to send me a cheque, numerous hours on web chat, finally received cheque June 2021. And then yesterday, another bill for £40. Please help!🤯😉👍

Ok. I don't really have a leg to stand on here. When Virgin refunded my 171GBP, I stupidly [🤦🏼‍♂️] thought that was the end of the matter and got rid of the dozens and dozens of screenshots of my web chats with them. All I have is the cheque, signifying closure of my account. I haven't a clue what this latest bill is for. Honestly, to fight this would take many, many hours but to just pay it [the email has quite a worrying 'failure to pay' tone] wouldn't necessarily mean an end to it all. What's to stop them continually billing me? I will never, ever deal with these again.

I see, i'm going to private message you now to have a look further into this. Please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks. Would-be grateful for any pointers on this one. Feel like I need to fight this one....

Apologies, Chris.

I do believe a PM was supposed to be sent. 

I'll send it now to help further 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

How do I pick up a PM, please?

Look out for the purple envelope in the top right hand side. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill