cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Sky withdrew UHD Cinema/Entertainment?

Al_Pboro
On our wavelength

Hi Adri_G I just made a change in order to get sky sports UHD added. This according to the agent I spoke to resulted in a change to the volt package and as a result without telling me they withdrew the Sky Entertainment & Cinema Ultra HD from my package. When I queried this they explained the withdrawal was part of the new package but I could dd it back for £6 a month which I agreed to. 2 separate agents have tried to make the change and failed. Each of them referred the problem to technical team. The technical team have rung me and explained it is not a technical issue but a simple package change and that I needed to phone customer service and get it sorted based on the notes he left on the system. When ringing customer service they tell me the service has been withdrawn and reinstatement is impossible. I notice from your reply to someone else on this issue three weeks ago that the service was still available it is still advertised on the website. I was hoping you might be able to intervene as I am getting absolutely nowhere with my calls. Looking forward to hearing from you. Many thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

TDarrell9
On our wavelength

It took me 3 attempts over an hour each to get Sky Sports UHD added to my package, I too am on the Voltage package, after 2 told me i couldn't add it saying its on new packages only for new customers, the third time eventually was able to add this onto my package for £7 extra. For some reason they did change my phone landline package to international ones too. So it can be done so I would contact them again, maybe ask for the complaints team they seem to be English call centers.

Hi Thanks for that. I too have just got it resolved but mine was the fifth attempt after I'd put in a web form complaint. So anyone out there still having the problem provided you're on a certain level of package you definitely can have it added and it definitely is not discontinued as other agents have told me. The guy I spoke to had difficulty adding it and I think that's because their packages are less than flexible. He managed to do it with help from his supervisor.

HI Al_Pboro, thanks for the message. 

I am happy to hear that you have managed to get this resolved. Please let us know if you need anything further. 

Kind regards, Chris. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@TDarrell9 wrote:

the third time eventually was able to add this onto my package for £7 extra. For some reason they did change my phone landline package to international ones too

Hi @TDarrell9 

Double check your new contract to ensure you are only being charged £7 extra for the Sky Sports UHD.

Also check that your contract length hasn't been xtended which is possible if they've changed your call package.

VM shouldn't have changed your call package to include Interrnational calls as that's normally a chargeable extra unless you requested it.

Are you now on the  International anytime chatter package?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, @newapollo

I can only see the £7 extra charge, tho your correct my 18 month contract is now from feb 2023 not oct 2022. But if that guarantees me this price im currently paying bar the April increases it will work out better for me. But yes they put me on International anytime chatter package for some reason, if im remember she says its included or at no cost to move over to that one but god knows lol, I don't even a phone plugged in to use it tbf. Should I be concerned about the contract date change ?

Thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @TDarrell9 

If you are happy to pay that price for the next 18 months  until August '24 then thats good, but it will probably still be affected by next years annual price increase which  will be next  April/May

Some sources currently forecast the RPI to be around 4% then, plus an additional 3.9%. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I am tbf, im on 1000mb with now all channels from Sky bar Atlantic so its saving me still almost £60 pm from what I was previously paying for the privilege of Sports lol

Hi TDarrell9, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums, I am happy to see that you are happy with the package and if you need anything please let us know. 

Kind regards, 

Chris.