cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Price Increase!?!?

Ashburnian
On our wavelength

Re price increase, I have just received a mail telling me my monthly price will increase by £42 next month, that is an increase of 54% so it’s goodbye from me. I have been a customer since the cable and wireless days so out of touch with other options so if anyone knows of any good deals anywhere else the info would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ashburnian,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been notified your package price is increasing and it would be a shame for you to leave us over this. We send out an End Of Contact Notification to all our customers before their contract comes to and end highlighting the new package price and also any offers that may be of interest. 

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade!

If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 0345454111 and our team will be more than happy to help.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you are a long term customer and your price is going up 54% then you know how to play the Retentions game.

Failing that, play the swap suppliers game.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, yes I considered the retentions scenario but with such a large increase did not think it worthwhile. Anyone any thought on other suppliers.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Ashburnian,

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to hear you've been notified your package price is increasing and it would be a shame for you to leave us over this. We send out an End Of Contact Notification to all our customers before their contract comes to and end highlighting the new package price and also any offers that may be of interest. 

We're always happy to review your package and cost to help find one that best suits your needs and budget - this doesn't always mean a downgrade!

If you want to chat with us, please feel free to call on 0345454111 and our team will be more than happy to help.

Let us know how you get on 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs