cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Online package upgrades being actioned?

Grahamf3
Joining in

I have had the same problem being outlined and it's very frustrating.

On Friday 10th September I ordered a Mix Bundle consisting of M200 broadband, Mix TV 150+ channels and Talk More Anytime. This was to replace my existing bundle. I Placed the order and was sent the confirmation email and the reference number (WS7662791). I was quoted a cost of £64.00 for the first 18 months, which would then revert to £83.00 per month.

On Sunday 12th September, I received the email below asking me to contact Virgin to discuss further details:

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Media about making some changes to your account.

We'd like to talk to you to as it appears that some information that we need to process your order was missing. This will help us take the next steps towards getting signed up, so just call our team on 0800 064 3830. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

As everyone now knows this is a sales line. I was then told that this offer was no longer available to me as an existing Virgin customer. The rep' then gave me my options. I could go with M200 TV Maxit, telephone and a new sim card. This would cost £66.00 per month for the first 18 months. 

I checked the My Offers & Upgrades section of my Virgin account and the original offer still stands. I don't need an extra sim card, nor do I want one. It also meant I would have had to set up another virgin mobile account and he asked me to set up a new password over the phone. I asked him to remove the sim card from the offer but he then said the new package would become more expensive if he did that. I ended the conversation. 

What grates me here is that the original order was made. It appears to be getting processed. The sales team pick up on this and then try a hard sell of a product that I actually don't want. It's highly cynical.

Can anyone on here advise?

1 REPLY 1

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Grahamf3

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of this upgrade dispute. I've seen this before and normally it means the offer is wrong which is why they were unable to honour this.

I'll send you a PM though so I can help with the complaint 🙂

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill