cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New install to neighbours using my land….

PMGDM
On our wavelength

B8846281-7093-411C-B22B-57DA71C79054.jpeg

On the deeds it shows the grassed area as mine.

If it was shared, it’s closer to my drive than theirs anyway.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@PMGDM i

Cut the cable and remove it from your property, before it is too late.

OK if you want to be fair then write to VM setting out exactly what has happened, and giving them a reasonable time (two weeks?) to remove their cable from your property and make good any and all damage, after which you will remove the cable yourself and dispose of it and invoice them for your time and damages incurred to your property.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

27 REPLIES 27

PMGDM
On our wavelength

So the neighbour had virgin installed today, they dug up my property, poorly, laid the cable and jumped on the soil after and packed it down….. 

My other neighbour came out to say that the land they were digging up didn’t belong to the house being installed at.  The ‘workmen’ just said oh, we have permission….. I’ve looked on my deeds and it is my land.  

they have literally just done the quick and easy option to lay the cable in the soil.  

long story short, no one lives in the house at the minute but their son is moving in, hence the install….  No one was in either property at the time of install.  

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PMGDM thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear that your property has been dug up without your permission and that it has left a mess by the sounds of it.  I would like to look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @PMGDM

Just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

PMGDM
On our wavelength

Yeah no problem with the forum team….. just no communication from anyone else. 

An engineer kindly came and fitted the rest of the stuff though last night for the neighbour. 

still no word about the install on my land 

@PMGDM i

Cut the cable and remove it from your property, before it is too late.

OK if you want to be fair then write to VM setting out exactly what has happened, and giving them a reasonable time (two weeks?) to remove their cable from your property and make good any and all damage, after which you will remove the cable yourself and dispose of it and invoice them for your time and damages incurred to your property.

PMGDM
On our wavelength

Looking that way tbh! 

PMGDM
On our wavelength

If someone could answer how deep the cable should be ?
I know the council is 450mm (LCC) 

BT is minimum 12 inch 

is virgin a spade ? 6-8 inch ? 

I’m not sure that there is a standard or any sort of guideline, but whatever, if you leave it running across your property without raising a formal objection or organising a legal Easement arrangement (in which VM pay you a sum of money for the rights), then before too long you will find yourself loosing rights to that land. You have to jump on this NOW.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PMGDM

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

Can you confirm if the issue is ongoing? Have you replied to the private message sent by our agent regarding your concerns?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs