cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: New contract without my permission?

willwd
Joining in

Please can someone at Virgin Media help me too!!! This illicit practice of miss selling and aggressive customer retention is what I've encountered too.It is a shocking pattern behaviour on a par with illegal scammers - more shocking that Virgin Media is regulated by OFCOM?

I have had a very similar experience, I cancelled my service in November, had confirmation the service would be terminated on 13 Dec.

We then had weeks of relentless sales calls offering new deals which we ignored. I then I receive an email claiming we were on a new contract deal which we had NOT agreed to! I replied to the email claiming we had not given permission to any new contract and were still cancelling service, this was ignored.

I called customer services to complain and seek an explanation, after been processed through 4 call centre teams repeating the situation each time no one seemed to be able to take any responsibility or address the issue. I requested to speak to a supervisor, they claimed they were not available and would call me back. They didn't or if they did, they didn't leave a message or attempt to respond via any other channel, I've not received any communication via phone, email, text or letter? Still waiting!

Searching this forum and other complaints forums this behaviour looks like a systematic approach to deceive or bully customers into extending contracts against their will and blame poor customer service whilst they profit in the process. It is a shocking customer experience.

Please can some one at Virgin Media take some responsibility and respond! 

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@willwd wrote:

Please can someone at Virgin Media help me too!!! This illicit practice of miss selling and aggressive customer retention is what I've encountered too.It is a shocking pattern behaviour on a par with illegal scammers - more shocking that Virgin Media is regulated by OFCOM?

I have had a very similar experience, I cancelled my service in November, had confirmation the service would be terminated on 13 Dec.

We then had weeks of relentless sales calls offering new deals which we ignored. I then I receive an email claiming we were on a new contract deal which we had NOT agreed to! I replied to the email claiming we had not given permission to any new contract and were still cancelling service, this was ignored.

I called customer services to complain and seek an explanation, after been processed through 4 call centre teams repeating the situation each time no one seemed to be able to take any responsibility or address the issue. I requested to speak to a supervisor, they claimed they were not available and would call me back. They didn't or if they did, they didn't leave a message or attempt to respond via any other channel, I've not received any communication via phone, email, text or letter? Still waiting!

Searching this forum and other complaints forums this behaviour looks like a systematic approach to deceive or bully customers into extending contracts against their will and blame poor customer service whilst they profit in the process. It is a shocking customer experience.

Please can some one at Virgin Media take some responsibility and respond! 

Getting someone at VM to take proper responsibility may be a bit of a tall order, but firstly my advice would be to contact your local Citizen’s Advice office, explain the circumstances and request that they make representation to Trading Standard (you used to be able to approach TS yourself but now, it seem to have to be done via Citizen’s Advice now, but whatever! In the meantime, while things are fresh in your mind, make notes, dates and times of any and all interactions with VM, what was discussed, what was said etc.

Now a brief note to members of the forum team (VM employees), when and if, you get around to this thread - may I suggest that you be very, very careful in your responses? IF (I’ll say if even though I have little doubt of the veracity of the original post, these things being reported in the past), what has been reported is true, then this isn’t just a case of poor customer services, this is actually illegal - and might well be the thing that gets OFCOM to finally lose patience, and give Lutz and the rest of the board a metaphorical kicking in the unmentionables, that they won’t forget in a hurry!

On the other hand, of course, if the new contract is all above board, then I’m sure that VM will have no problem in providing the evidence, emails confirming acceptance of the contract, call recordings - you do actually record all calls don’t you?

So possibly a bit of kid gloves treatment here, no? Because when this one inevitably ends up at the industry adjudicator, (whoever that happens to be this month), it’s not going to be pretty, even less pretty if it ends up in Court. So let’s not have the usual ‘we don’t deal with contract matters on here, have you called ‘the Team’ on xyz’, and also possibly make a New Year’s Resolution to consider if you still want to work for a company which acts like this, no?

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @willwd, welcome to our forum and thanks for your post.

I'm sorry to see that you have not had your contract cancelled as agreed. I can certainly understand the frustration with this being done and another contract set up when it has not been requested.

I will be happy to take a look at this for you, so this can be done I will send you a PM to confirm your details.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules