cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: NTL Cable

hols
Joining in

Similar to June67, I also have an old NTL cable attached to my house which I wish to have removed. Is this something Virgin Media can deal with?

I would have thought in these environmental times, a company as large as Virgin Media would be supporting such cleaning up matters.

I am unable to pay for removal but I do wish to be environmentally friendly and clear up unused and unwanted rubbish.

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hols

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting 

I will be happy to run it pass the Area Field Manager for you and we'll take it from there. 

Will pop you a PM now to confirm some details. 

Hope to hear from you soon. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @hols

Apologies for the delayed response- I've been offline.

I have received your PM and have escalated this request to the Area Field Manager. 

As soon as I get a response, I will follow up with you here.

Have a lovely weekend and speak soon 🙂

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Many thanks for the update. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Indeed, you have a good weekend too!

Holly

Hi Ayisha,

Is there any news with respect to my enquiry, as it’s been over a week since I received your last message?

Thanks

Holly

malbin
Dialled in

If it's that TV cable coming until your house and you are not using it, it is Virgins and they are not willing to come and remove it or they want to charge you for this

It will be either fibre optic or a low voltage cable and it will be safe to chop it off on your boundary line, of course this will only happen accidently when you get the wall removed.

If you are not using it then it will not cause you any problems, if there are any problems with will be for virgin media and you have warned them it was dangerous (a trip hazard) and they were unwilling to come out and make it safe.

Thanks for coming back to us @hols.

I will ask Ayisha if there has been any update from the area manager but I know that she is offline today, so I might not be able to get an update till tomorrow.

Regards,

Steven_L