cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Leaving Virgin Media - no live chat.

g0akc
Problem sorter

Wait for a forum rep by all means, but you will likely find you really need to phone VM and choose the 'I want to leave' option - you will end up speaking to the retentions department who will try to persuade you to stay with various offers and discounts. Just be assertive if you have made your mind up.

Even after you have committed to leave and sent confirmation they will likely call to try to lure you back.

The only other way to leave seems to be to post a letter - preferably with a 'recorded delivery' service as there may be claims that they didn't receive it.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!
3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @JayJay_23 

You could try the live messenger chat

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/leaving 

Also, as indicated on that page, you can use good old snail mail.

Write to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA, including your name, address and account number. Send it by registered (signed for) post.

The quickest contact method though is by calling either 150 from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, call around 8am if possible when lines first open and are least busy.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or speak to the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112.This often takes 4-6 hours- phone calls take priority. However, it's taking longer at present due to the price rise emails.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for your reply, Dave.  There is no button on the link to click for a live chat.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@JayJay_23 wrote:

Thanks for your reply, Dave.  There is no button on the link to click for a live chat.

Hi again @JayJay_23 

I've just double checked on my computer using Chrome and the chat link is there on the right hand side, picture below.

Clipboard01.jpg

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali