cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How do you talk to a human at Virgin Media?

auldlangsyne
Joining in

I dread when I need to call Virgin as I know I need to write off the best part of a day. It seems the entire system is set up to NOT talk to anyone. Latest very small issue is that my partner keeps getting calls from Virgin media on my mobile - five so far this week. It seems they are trying to tell us of "new opportunties." I have told them the correct number but they keep phoning me. This morning I tried to change the contact details inside the account but there is no number listed to change. Next, I gritted my teeth and phoned their famous helpline. After a series of punching in information and pressing numbers I ended up with "do you need help with your account." I pressed "yes," and they sent me a copy of my bill by text to the wrong phone number then cut me off. At no stage did I request a copy invoice.

This is not a good advertisement for a "Communications" company!

How do I change the flaming number?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi auldlangsyne, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry there's been some mix-up with the contact numbers and you've had some trouble getting in touch.

So I can help I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does your partner have a separate account? If so they would need to log in separately and update their details. 

No it's one account and as we both have access, I've had a good look around within the profile and cannot find any sign of our telephone number though they obviously have one.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @auldlangsyne 

I've created a new thread for the contact telephone problem you have.

The contact number isn't listed in My Virgin Media and will need VM to update this in their systems.

If you leave this for a day or two  the thread willobe picked up by a memeber of the Forum Team

They will invite you into a PM to pass account validation, then take the correct contact details and update the account.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi auldlangsyne, 

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry there's been some mix-up with the contact numbers and you've had some trouble getting in touch.

So I can help I've popped you over a private message (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm