cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I downgrade my package?

redmateox76
Joining in

It's an old topic but still open, so....

This is my story, I do not need landline, because of no calls are done, only spam companies share my number and bother me few times a week, so I decide to downgrade service to only broadband (my broadband now: VIVID 200 optical fibre),
I sign first contract in 2011 - so decade ago, for cheapest "landline and broadband" to check their service in my area, since then a few faults occurred my service (no landline signal for 2 weeks, changing of router because of fault in software after upgrade or something like this) and Virgin offered me "free of charge upgrade with same price" - twice or triple times, this way my service grow up from the lowest speed to VIVID 200 optical fibre,

now I realise for sure that I do not need any more landline, I pay £56.50 each month, so I made call to customer service, and they persuade me to keep contract, do not listen me about 15 minutes, so I decide terminate call, I have heard only few times that my phone line is for free, and when I downgrade my "service" they need to downgrade my broadband speed to half, so after 10 years to be customer of virgin I felt disappointed

10 REPLIES 10

goslow
Alessandro Volta

VM were the most complained about overall in 3 out of the 4 OFCOM categories, not just for complaints handling though. The issue of complaints handling was the main factor for VM's poor showing (from the report)

Virgin Media’s main complaint drivers were complaints handling (39%); fault, service, and provisioning issues (33%); and billing, pricing, and charging issues (13%)

Another set of stat's for comparison are those from CISAS also for 2021 Q1, which break down the categories a bit more and balance the overall scores a bit more across providers, once things had reached the arbitration stage

https://www.cedr.com/consumer/cisas/reports-2/

Any regular followers of the topics on the forums, wouldn't find it too hard to put together a summary list, breaking the stat's down further into the specific areas where VM keeps falling over, time and again, on customer service and service delivery.