cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Green Junction box removal request

Dariansk
Tuning in

Dear Katie

We would like our driveway front wall removed and driveway extended. However, there is VM small box just in a middle. Would it be possible to remove VM box or at least moved to the side and how much it would be? It is in 24 Woodbury Hill, Luton, LU2 7JP

Perhaps it would be free of charge once we would remove front wall and box would be standing in a middle of the pavement?

Please let me know your thoughts. 
Thank you 

Darius

28B76580-5238-4AE7-BDA5-44F84840EBDA.jpeg

DCE29DD1-DF62-4EAF-BC9D-AC87E16C8085.jpeg

8BCA83A7-1DB0-44DD-B067-12B9EFCA16C3.jpeg

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Dariansk,

I do not have an answer either way for this one. The best I can do is send your query to our Cabinets Team to see if this is feasible and what moving it would entail. But once I get a reply I'll be sure to update you.

Cheers,

Corey C

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

No worries, Darius,

They have come back asking for your email so they can speak to you. I'll send you a PM to confirm this.

Cheers,

Corey C

Cheers for replying, Dariansk,  I've sent your contact details to the cabinets team.

Thanks,

Corey C

Hi Dariansk,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM, I have forwarded your information onto the team who will be in contact with you soon about paying for a planner to attend the street cabinet. 

I wish you luck with this and have a good week. 

Thanks, 

Megan_L

41 REPLIES 41

Junior_Shabadoo
Joining in

it would not be free, you would be liable to pay the costs of the survey, and then the costs of moving should virgin agree to move it.

certainly would not be free - a few hundred for them to come and look - from there they may quote you - thing 5 figures - if you remove the wall that will change nothing

Tony.
Sacked VIP

I will remove the wall anyway leaving box in a middle of the pavement. 
There are a lot of cars reversing and without a wall it is a big chance that box will be knocked down many times accidentally. 
I am hopeful that VM will be reasonable and as a goodwill moves box to the side where I as a goodwill would leave small part of the wall. 
Moving box just a few meters away won’t cost massive amounts but would be beneficial for both parties. Everyone are the winners and what could be better than that? 😉

9E9B4D8A-62B1-4D8C-B63D-61BA7C618C2E.jpeg

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

with respect you can have little concept of the work involved to move the box - i have no idea how many customers it feeds - each one will likely need a new cable - also depending on the box it could need a new fibre pull - at best it will need reconnection to any other boxes it feeds or feeds from

there will be no good will - any decision to move it will be on a cost as is basis - as a personal opinion i dont think you will get anywhere - damage if that happens could well be charged back to you - its on a public footpath and was placed there with the consent of your local council - they will not get involved 

so as i said forget moving for free - forget good will - think 5 figures if they even offer to move it - again my opinion is that they will simply say no

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you Tony 

lets hope it won’t be a case. I would like someone from VM to comment on it or advise please 

Lets see how it goes. I am hoping someone from VM will comment 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
how did you get a picture of the inside of the box?

It opens with two fingers. Thought it should be easy to open for access... 

VM is only obliged to move a cabinet for health or safety reasons, so it's very unlikely to get moved even if you were prepared to shell out the thousands it would cost.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection