cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 'Full House TV' versus Maxit TV

oxygen77
Tuning in

Virgin changed my package from 'Full House' to 'Maxit' back in April 22. I had not asked them to do that! They also added Kids TV as an extra service (Kids TV is not included in the 'Maxit' package as explained above). I haven't got children but have now been charged for that service for 6 months! I have just contacted them by phone to let them know. I assume they are going to reimburse me! Can you confirm?

My other query: I don't watch Sports, recent films, any Sky Channels, Kids tv... would it make sense to downgrade my tv package? I'm sure I'm paying for thing I don't need! What other cheaper packages are there? (It's not terribly clear on the Virgin Media Website).

Thanks

9 REPLIES 9

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s important to note that if you re contract or make any changes to your package, anything you already have that is no longer sold gets replaced with the nearest equivalent.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM now have 2 tiers of TV service. Mixit is broadly Freeview equivalent, Maxit is top-tier and "Personal Picks" allow you to sit somewhere in the middle. 

You can check these using.....

Channel guide at the bottom of this page 

Do an audit of what channels you want etc, also box-sets are only in Maxit - the lower tiers only include CatchUp OD.

VM have been tidying up old packages of late, and moving customers onto the nearest current equivalent. Any change or renegotiation you instigate, as already pointed out, will often re-contract you in exchange for whatever time-limited discounts are offered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @oxygen77,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am sorry to hear that there's been some disputes with your package recently. The TV change from Full House to Maxit wouldn't have made any adjustment to your contract length or cost - it's just a move from a legacy bundle to a current bundle, and when that happens you're always put onto the same bundle or better in terms of what's being offered to you.

In regards to the Kids TV bundle that you're referring to and state you didn't ask for, what did the team advise when you discussed this with them? Have they since removed this?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello,

They said they would remove the Kids TV service for which I believe I paid £5 a month since April 2022. I insisted I should get a refund for that. They were not very keen for some reason so don't think it's going to happen!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have your monthly package costs been what you expected since April, or have they been higher?

If you were migrated from a legacy bundle - which included some elements you don't now want - then you can remove them now, and have a pleasant £5/month reduction.

Thanks for that. 

I will check exactly what I have been charged for.

Hi japitts,

Every bill since April 2022 says ''includes £5.00 of Personal picks' which is the kids channels! I never asked for that service as I haven't got any children. Should they be reimbursing the monthly £5?

Thanks.

Hi @oxygen77,

So that I can take a closer look at what's been going on for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can and we'll proceed from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@oxygen77 wrote:

Every bill since April 2022 says ''includes £5.00 of Personal picks' which is the kids channels! I never asked for that service as I haven't got any children. Should they be reimbursing the monthly £5?

From the point where you specifically request that part of your package to be removed, then absolutely they should cancel the charge.

Prior to that point, you must have agreed to be on Full House which included those channels at the inclusive rate. That they are now an added extra is a bonus from the point you are aware and request the amendment.