cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fees for leaving Virgin after issuing 30 days notice

darylweston
Joining in

This has happened to me and at no point was this explained. I feel disgusted at the level of customer care you give. I have been billed £47 out of my contract because I only gave less than 30 days' notice. This is clearly an attempt to claim more money from your customers because of the low charge for the 18 months. I must add that I contacted Virgin Media before this date but due to your poor live chat service and phone lines being totally crammed I could not chat with someone on the live chat before it disconnected and your phone lines were absolutely full where the wait was around 45 minutes only for my call to be disconnected. I am outraged and after being a customer of virgin prior to these 18 months I will NEVER be a customer of you again. This is theft and utterly disgusting behaviour. I have informed many other possible customers that were due to join Virgin to not now joined. You've lost out on roughly £2,000 per year from those 6 customers I was going to get to join.

I will not be paying that final fee.

1 REPLY 1

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi darylweston,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise that you have not had the best experience with us, this is not the services we are aiming to provide.

We do advise in our terms and conditions that you must provide us with 30 days disconnection notice for any service with us.

We can understand your frustration due to the long wait times, and that your call was disconnected. (This would not have been intentional) and that you did not get a response from our web chat team. Unfortunately, our web chat team are not an immediate response team, however they will get back to you as quickly as possible.

We do have alternative ways that you could have contacted us, which are listed on our website, if you could not get through via telephone or web chat.

I will be more than happy to take a look at your complaint for you. I'll pop you over a private message to take some details.

Please click on the purple envelope to accept the chat.

Kind regards Jodi.